Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rustic Love Coasters Tutorial

I love the idea of incorporating rustic natural touches in my home.  And when I am able to incorporate them into holiday decor, even better.

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays.  The theme of love and hearts really speaks to me.  Every year, I happily add a new heart creation to my Valentine's Day decorations.

This year, I decided to make some Rustic Love Coasters.


Want to make a few of your own? 

You'll need some wooden coasters, cut from logs.  Need a tutorial...I've got you covered.  Check out my Wood Coaster Tutorial.

You'll also need some chalkboard paint.


Draw a heart, in pencil, on your coaster.  And, yes, if you have a snowman pencil, even better.


Fill in your heart using chalkboard paint.


Allow the paint to fully dry.

Then, write in chalk 'love' or 'amore' or your initials + your love's initials.


 Use it as a coaster, paperweight or simple decoration


Regardless what you do with these rustic love coasters, I hope you LOVE them.


*Don't forget, there is still time to sign up for the Uncommon Goods giveaway where one lucky While Wearing Heels reader will win a $50 gift certificate.

19 comments:

  1. too cute! plus i like the fact you used the chalkboard paint so your message can be changed out whenever you like. these would also be sweet if you drilled a hole in each so you could hang them as a collection with different love notes...the possibilities are endless! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of rustic and cute!! LOVE em!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. They remind me of my beloved ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet! I luv that rose that accompanies it! I splurged the other day and bought me some pretty flowers that just brighten up my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy they're gorgeous, what a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boys are looking for a woodworking project. I think I know what I am going to have them make for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and easy project! Now I know what is wrong with my drawing skills...I don't have a snowman pencil!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love everything you do Amy! I just don't get over here to tell you as often as I should!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your cute wood crafts! Lucky you have a husband to help inspire you. My husband is a science nerd. I've decided he needs a new hobby so he's getting a metal detector for his birthday. hehe maybe I should get him a pile of wood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are SO cute! You could dress these for any occasion! And what a neat personalized gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, another super easy project. Thanks!
    I never really got into Valentine's day...I don't know why. The boyfriend and I have a date this year, though...to see Jeff Dunham:) Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a private trauma hospital Karachi that offers trauma care services to patients in Karachi. It has a team of highly qualified doctors and modern medical facilities.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interjacq began with the simple desire to create clothing we wanted to wear ourselves. Over time, our focus expanded to designing for the modern man, constantly pushing the boundaries of style and innovation. At Interjacq Men Collection, we're dedicated to creating fashion that not only looks good but also feels good to wear.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...