Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ice Cold Hearts

The extreme cold weather continues.  Thanks to Lucy at Craftberry Bush, Grace and I busied ourselves making lovesicles. 

So, though I don't love the cold weather...I certainly do love making things with Grace, especially heart shaped things.


I'm not sure what Lucy used to color her heartcicles but I used food coloring mixed in water.


I let nature do her thing and freeze our heartcicles.

Once they were frozen, I quickly ran outside and decorated our yard with some love and heartcicles...


before my fingers froze, forcing me back inside.

When I did come back in, to warm up, I found someone had stolen my spot. 


I let her keep my spot...because, contrary to this post, I do not have an ice cold heart.


*Don't forget, there is still time to sign up for the Uncommon Goods giveaway where one lucky While Wearing Heels reader will win a $50 gift certificate.

17 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! :) Hope it starts to warm up soon. We just hit a record for January here in MD with the amount of days we've had in single digits. Not really a record I want to hold...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun way to spend the day! So nice of you to share your warm space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas especially for the kiddies! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! I've never seen this before, but I approve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. How fun would that be to find Valentine's morning. :) BTW your puppy is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin!

      Yes, having the hearts waiting on Valentine's would be a fun surprise.

      Delete
  6. Oh how absolutely cute. And super simple, yayyy! I'm thinking I might actually be able to do this one:)
    I think I would have kicked my doggie out of my spot...shows how much sweeter you are than me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so cool!! I've always wanted to make those colored ice balls. but alas we don't have the weather here. like these:

    http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4931680242238378&w=122&h=171&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see snow, I want to make pretty stained hearts and look at them from the window. I just don't like being cold...or come to think of it hot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea! How fun to decorate the yard with love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a good thing Riley (the dog) looks so sweet because she is as naughty as they come. Her sweetness makes it easier to forgive. I have a feeling if I used kool aid to make snow art, the dog would have an ice cold snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I sure wish I had done this when I lived in Montana! How fun! Riley is a gem and a pretty smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a crafter at heart, even did one in the freezing cold! I love them though. What a nice surprise for people to see when they walk by your house. I bet it puts smiles on their faces and makes their day that much better. I know it'd pick me up!! And what a nice warm seat to come back to. What a cutie! Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THAT spot stealer! That face!!!! I have two spot stealers. They've perfected the art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cutest puppy! I would have let her stay too.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...