Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Goodwill Hunting Roundup

It's that time of month where I show off my Goodwill finds.  Ready to see what I have found?

First up, I came across this Kids Kraft kitchen for $3.99.  The only flaw, it was missing a knob on the back splash.


There was also the matching refrigerator for $2.99.  Which was in perfect shape.


The only problem, Grace has nearly this exact fridge and stove, which we paid full retail for her 3rd birthday.

Since I didn't want to feel the guilt I experienced last month, buying a dollhouse


When we already have a dollhouse...


I called a friend, who came over and bought the kitchen set herself...for $7!

So, instead of buying the kitchen, and justifying having 2 kitchens, I bought this little bunny for .99 cents.  If you haven't already guessed after Grace's bunny themed birthday party, we have a thing for bunnies.


This bunny sits atop a basket which opens.  Inside, another bunny.


And that little bunny, goes perfectly with the newest addition to Grace's dollhouse.


With temps tipping up to 100 degrees (!), it seems the perfect time to shop for ice skates.  I picked up this pair, on half off anything with a pink ticket day, paying only $2! 


And, thanks to Bliss Ranch, I am already thinking about Christmas (in July!).  I might break my never having made a wreath streak and make Bliss Ranch's Ice Skating Wreath.  I just need to find some red laces now.

I also bought a glass jar, with a cork stopper, for $1.99 and a complete Scrabble game $1.99.  I added the Scrabble tiles to the jar for instant home decor.


And lastly, not a Goodwill find, but rather a Home Goods purchase, I found the perfect sheets for Grace's new big girl bedroom.


Princess - Ballerina Toile.  A twin bed set for $19.99.

Until next month, happy thrifting!

22 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of the price of that kid kraft kitchen set. WOW! It's amazing...you are such a sweet friend to share it. :) Love Grace's new sheets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the sheet set! And can not get over the fridge and kitchen set-how cheap!!!!!
    My last stop to Goodwill was not that great. 2 red (plastic, perfect for little boys)ice cream bowls and one white plate(I collect white plates). Less than $2.
    I did find a great little side chest/table, but with limited space for now I had to pass it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHH the ice skates!!!!!!!!!! I've seen some great winter decor ideas using those. Added to wreaths or sleds! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my! I want it all.. Haha! Her big girl room is going to be precious - and that kitchen set was a steal! Those ice skates are going to be awesome, too! Aunt Ruthie from Sugar Pie Farmhouse has a pair of ice skates that she uses in her Christmas decor.... soooo pretty!
    I'd say you had a great trip thrifting!
    -Heather
    www.stringtownhome.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comments, they make me smile. I love when you say things like 'Aunt Ruthie'. You make me feel as if I am wrapped up in a quaint small town or something.

      Delete
  5. that's awesome! love love love the toile! that kitchen play set - I do the same thing stick in my cart, call a friend and hold onto it until they get there! luv the bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those sheets! What a steal on the kitchen play set! I think you should definitely break your no wreath streak and do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha. That's the problem. Mini things are 4 times as expensive as the real deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! OMG! OMG! I LOVE that kitchen set. The color is perfect and I would love to get one for my daughter. {Sorry for too many OMG, I got excited when I saw the kitchen set, Haha}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to echo what everyone else said about the kitchen... what a find! I'm so glad you found someone to buy it. I don't think I could have left it there myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like a life size version of that kitchen! Awesome find, you really do manage to hunt out some lovely stuff I love the sheets very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I wish we had thrift stores like yours in the UK, you always find such lovely things - that fridge set is fab and pink too!

    Gorgeous sheets, Grace's room will look very pretty!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are some awesome finds! i love the new bunny cage for Grace's doll house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janiene. I almost bought the kitchen set myself, I showed great restraint :)

      Delete
  13. Seriously, if there was a thrifting competition you would so win; or maybe I just think that because as usual I would have taken home all your finds myself too!

    and the itty bitty rabbit hutch and it's occupants, awwwwwwww, SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, you find the best stuff! I love those scrabble tiles in the corked jar. That rabbit hutch is also very cool. That will be a fun thing to decorate with at Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE Grace's sheets! It has been my greatest joy to start putting together my boys very first permanent rooms. Even really big boy rooms are so fun to put together! Can't wait to see how it turns out :) happy day friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some bunny loves you.....thanks for the shout out, and that has to be hands down the cutest doll house accessory I have ever seen!

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the kitchen set! I am getting better in not getting too much stuff, or to get rid of something in exchange to a new "toy".

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you found some great deals!!! I think if I started thrifting, the husband might object because I'd be bringing home all sorts of things with the intent to SOMEDAY use them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What awesome finds, especially that kitchen set. I wish our thrift stores had good stuff like that. I keep checking but haven't found anything amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...