Monday, July 1, 2013

Something Old - A Bridal Shower Gift

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.


One of my favorite gifts to give for bridal showers a hand embroidered vintage handkerchief {something old and something new-ish}.

Select the thread color you want to use {I opted for her wedding colors, navy blue and burnt orange}.  I used a stem stitch, which is a basic embroidery stitch, to create the monogram and the flower stems. 


I created the flowers using a lazy daisy, outlining the middle with a lighter orange.  The flower was finished with a french knot center.


On the opposite corner, I continued using a stem stitch for the wedding date.  I separated the numbers using a lazy daisy and french knot stitches. 


 My only hope is that this handkerchief...


Only catches tears of joy.


Off to deliver this to the bride to be...


wrapped in blue ribbon and vintage lace.

28 comments:

  1. I totally love this idea. Did you post this awhile back or am I losing it! Nevertheless, I'm pinning it as a reminder! Not that I could pull off the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! They would make great bridesmaids gifts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I'm sure the girls that receive this gift are so excited to have this for their big day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! If only I could get the hang of a french knot.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erin..and with all that you tackle, I think you could master the french knot :)

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet gift Amy! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love personalized gifts with meaning. Really beautiful. You did great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, "tears of joy". Very sweet. I'm sure the pride is going to LOVE this special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and thoughtful, just the perfect gift!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous idea, so pretty, you are a clever thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful and personal gift to give! And it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea. So sweet to remember something old...something new...something blue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Amy. And, I am shocked with your mad sewing skills you don't know any embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! I would have been so touched to get this for our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Any bride or brides maid would love this! Such a personal touch to a beautiful gift. Great job Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's not just a gift, that's a thoughtful keepsake.
    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so beautiful. You are the most thoughtful gift-giver :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This. is. precious! Love this idea. That is definitely something she will cherish forever... so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather. With your appreciation of things vintage, I could see how this would appeal to you :)

      Delete
  18. Lovely, absolutely lovely. You must have brought tears of joy right there are her shower with this personal gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah. I can't wait to give it to the bride to be!

      Delete
  19. That is one of the most thoughtful gifts ever! And so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very thoughtful of you! Surely it will be a treasure.

    Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so sweet! I love the idea! This gift will be forever cherished. So thoughtful.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...