Thursday, July 25, 2013

Self Portraits - The Great Outdoors

The self portrait theme for July's link party (which starts tomorrow!) is the great outdoors. 

This summer, for the first time, I feel as if life is going by fast and time is passing quickly.  My sweet girl turned 5. 


 At the end of summer, she'll be going off to kindergarten.  

Kindergarten! 


More of her 'first' will be experienced without me.


So, when Grace wants to play fairy,


I'll proudly and happily put on a pair of wings and savor this time with her (even with a crazy dog photo bombing the picture).


I am making more of an effort to get in front of the camera and capture these moments with Grace.  I still don't like having my picture taken but I've realized, it's not about me.


This self portrait challenge, for me, is about Grace.  I want her to have plenty of pictures, that will trigger these memories of happy moments I cherished spending with her.   Life passes quickly. 


Even if you decide not to join the self portrait challenge, get in front of that camera and capture some of the moments you are making with those you love. 

While Wearing Heels

Hope you see you back tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing your self portraits.

17 comments:

  1. Great pictures, I love seeing the fun times spent during summer. Great to get tons of those pics too, time really does fly. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, two beautiful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it when I finally spotted Riley! HA! You are a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, lOvE, love this post. When it has to memories with your children I am a sucker!
    Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Life does pass quickly.... too quickly. She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww lovely pictures, I am very rarely in any pics as I am usually the one taking them! It's a good excuse really as I don't like having my photo taken ;)

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute, we've been having a lot of rain lately the great out doors has not been overly appealing. Grace will love these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pictures of you and Grace. And what wonderful memories you're making together. I especially love the one with your dog jumping in! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i absolutely LOVE the motivation behind your series - that you want Grace to have pictures of you and she to help trigger all the memories. beautiful! i can't wait to link up my picture tomorrow. night sweet friend.
    janiene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janiene. I am so glad you 'get it' and want to participate as well.

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh! You have reminded me that I too donned fairy wings to play with my niece Jessica. We had such fun! You are right time flies and those moments are fleeting. Now Jess comes and sits and pops gum and talks about boys....YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to enlarge the photos on my ipad so I could find Riley photo bombing. She looks crazed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such sweet pictures, Amy! Grace is lucky to have such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...