Monday, April 23, 2012

I Heart Fake Food - French Bread Tutorial

In case there have been any questions...yes, I still heart fake food.


If you still heart fake food as well, go grab the following supplies:

Tan and Cream Felt
Fiber Fill
Straight pins
*both hand sewing and machine sewing required

There is no pattern. Simply cut {2} 5 inch x 15 inch pieces of tan felt {you'll need to buy felt from a bolt, the sheets of felt won't be long enough} and {1} 5 inch x 12 inch piece of cream felt.

To give your bread some dimension you'll want to cut 3 sections across {1} piece of tan felt.  I used a water soluble pen to act as a guide for where I wanted to make my cuts.  When your 3 sections have been cut out,  pin the cream felt to the back of the tan felt.  Then either hand sew or machine sew around the cutouts.  I opted to hand sew.


Pin the side with the cutouts to the remaining piece of tan felt.  Sew around the French bread, leaving a 2 inch opening on one of the ends.  Turn the French bread right side out and stuff with fiberfill.  Using a whip stitch, sew the opening closed.


And there you have it, gluten free, carb free French bread.


If you are curious how Grace's farmers market looks, filled with all the 'I heart fake foods' I've made, come back tomorrow and check it out.

Until then, make your way through the rest of the I heart fake food tutorials here.


26 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute and who doesn't love fake food!!!!!! Going on my ever expanding to make list. Excited that you shared a new fake food tutorial. You know how much I love them :-) Looking forward to seeing Grace's market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this is so cute! I love "food" made out of felt, and love this idea! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you had me laughing! This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cool. will definately be coming back for the market post. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute... remind me to check before eating at your house which is real and which is fake...HAHAHA!
    I love it ..it's so clever...
    Awesome as Always Amy!!!!


    Carri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliance again! You are a fake food artist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fabulous tutorial. I love the way it came out. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! Gluten-free and carb-free ... I adore this!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute and yet I will never even attempt to make it. Nice work oh crafty one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Visiting from Two Yellow Birds Decor. How cute is this! I love that you put its carb free.. haha. My kinda bread!

    Im your newest follower. Would love a follow back if you like my site too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest idea!!! LOVE it! Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such a fun project, perfect for the little chef-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    I followed you over from Whimsy Wednesday Link Party. This is so cute and would look great on my dining room table :)

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com.

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally Perfect!!! I'd love to have you share at my party...it JUST opened!!!

    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/04/overflowing-with-creativity-19.html

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute!!! I know my girls love play food... what a great idea! Sharing on facebook and pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this so much! My daughter found some rolls and bread at Hobby Lobby the other day and wanted them. I wasn't about to pay $4 for some fake bread that she would probably break anyway. This would be perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would LOVE to make these for my sister-in-law! She's having a baby and is a serious foodie like me! I need to get to my sewing machine! Thanks friend for sharing at Dwell on Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy...I'm featuring your project tomorrow at Dwell on Friday! You're felt food is AWESOME!

      Delete
  18. So cute! I've been wanting to make some fake food for my kids' play kitchen. Thanks for sharing. This is being featured this week at Lines Across.
    http://www.linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2012/05/cure-for-common-monday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. So creative! New to your blog, stop by and follow back at http://sassyshopperreviews.blogspot.com/ when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I heart felt food, too. Thanks for linking up at my Felt Food Roundup on OneCreativeMommy.com. I hope you’ll be back for ideas as the party fills up. I’d also love for you to come back when you have a new felt idea to share. I’ll be pinning all of the ideas to my pinterest page and featuring posts every few weeks.

    This bread is awesome! I wish I had time to make felt food every day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gonna use this for the Bread Skate. (Its a short baguette with wheels)

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...