Search This Blog


Follow Me Via

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Advent Calendar: Part 1

Welcome to Part 1 in a 4 part tutorial on how to make your own knock-off Pottery Barn for Kids felt advent calender.

If you want to follow along, go get yourself a wide variety of felt, a package of miniature multi-colored pom poms, some ribbon and lots and lots of fabric glue. 

*No sewing was involved in decorating each square.

Each of my squares is roughly 4 1/2 inches wide by 5 1/2 inches long.

The bigger squares allowed for greater detail to be achieved BUT the bigger squares also resulted in a BIGGER tree and BIGGER pockets to fill.  Feel free to scale down the patterns provided to the size pockets you desire.

Let's get started!

First, a partridge in a pear tree.

 SuppliesFelt: cream, burgundy, dark green, green, oatmeal, yellow and black {the square is tan felt}

A red candle, with a holly base.

Supplies:  Felt: red, yellow, black, dark green, green {the square is light blue felt}

A Christmas tree light.

Supplies:  Felt: red, green, black and white {the square is dark green felt}

Simple holly.

Supplies:  Felt: Green and red {the square is dark blue felt}

An ice skate.

Supplies:  Felt: cream, red, blue, yellow, gray {the square is tan felt}. *I used yellow felt for the laces but looking back, it would have been cute with embroidered laces as well.

Peel the glue off your fingers and check out the remaining 3 parts to this tutorial to complete your own advent calender.

Advent Calender Part 2
Advent Calender Part 3
Advent Calender Part 4
And be sure to check out my other Christmas inspired posts:

DIY Pottery Barn Candle
DIY Star Wars Ornaments
DIY Santa Beard


  1. My pleasure Janiece. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you so much for your feedback!

  2. Thanks for the tutorial! I used several of your ideas for my advent calendar! Those designs were just what I needed to get going. Altho, I did my candle wrong, so don't make fun. ;)

    Here it is:

  3. Oh I want to do this, no sew, I knew you were a genius!


I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...