Friday, December 9, 2011

Santa's Beard 'Ho Ho Ho' How To

While looking through the current J Crew catalog, I noticed this adorable little boy with the cutest Santa beard {which they are not selling, neither the boy nor the beard}.


I was inspired. So I decided to make my own.


Want to make one too?

Well, go grab the following supplies:
White Felt or fleece {I used fleece}
Elastic
You'll need your sewing machine and you may need to hand sew a bit.


Using this pattern or make one of your own...


Cut out the mustache and beard. For each {the mustache and the beard} you'll need to cut 2 parts for each pattern piece.


Sew your mustache together. I decided to hide my stitches on the mustache so I sewed around the mustache leaving a 1/4 of an inch seam allowance.


I also left an opening so I could turn my mustache right side out.


With the beard, I let my stitches show, so I sewed around the entire beard as close to the edges as possible, leaving no openings.


Hand sew the mustache to your beard.  Sew it into place stitching the bottom of the mustache to the top points of the beard.


Measure and cut your elastic to fit around your Santa to be's head.  Hand sew the ends of the elastic approximately in the middle of each mustache, from the back.  Check how it would fit and where to place it before securely attaching it.


Then find a Santa that wants to show it off.


Now I just need to find a Santa hat.


And be sure to check out my other Christmas inspired posts:

Star Wars Ornaments
DIY Pottery Barn Candle
DIY Advent Calendar
Christmas Flower Boxes
Linked Up To:

5 comments:

  1. and she is one adorable santa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I wonder how long my four-year old will wear it before he revolts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute would this be for Christmas photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ha ha ha ha.... fun and funny, thanks for linking it up.
    Bliss

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...