Monday, December 19, 2011

More Homemade Ornaments

With less than a week before Christmas {seriously where has the time gone}, this weekend was all about making ornaments.

Top on Grace's Christmas list is a kitten. I don't think that Riley would appreciate the addition of a cat SO I made Grace this ornament, which is as close to a kitty as she is going to get this year.


As I have mentioned, I prefer adding a homemade gift tag to the top of gifts. Loving all things vintage and kitschy I decided to make a Volkswagen van and personalize the license plate.


I received the highest compliment from my husband, when after he saw it, he suggested we need one as well.

I also made a Polaroid tag but since this is going to someone that is 11 I am not even sure she'll know what it is.


Of course, after I finished the Polaroid, I saw the coolest tutorial from Katie Cupcake on making a felt Polaroid ornament incorporating a real picture.

One of my favorite ornaments, that each year gets hung on my tree, is a salt dough ornament I made in kindergarten {a long time ago}.


This year, as a family, we made our own salt dough ornaments. The Christmas trees have one of each of our fingerprints {hopefully, once painted, the fingerprints might look like ornaments or lights on the tree}. The circles have thumb print hearts. My favorite, Grace's partial hand print.


I found the recipe over at Busy Bee Kids Crafts. It does take about 4 hours in the oven to completely dry out your ornaments out SO we ran out of time to paint them...can you guess what we have planned to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...