Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday

This may not be a birthday that Willard Scott will recognize...


but this year {2012} our house turns 100.


Let's put this into perspective. 100 years ago, the Titanic sank {wow}, a loaf of bread was 5 cents, New Mexico and Arizona were admitted as the 47th and 48th US states AND my house was built {and still stands}.

Though it was not a love at first sight feeling with this house, with each project we tackled, each room we put our mark on, this house has invaded our hearts and our souls. We may not have the biggest house, we may not have the fanciest house BUT we have a house that feels like home and one that holds some very happy memories.

So happy 100th birthday house.


I am honored to be part of your 100 year history.

Over the course of this year, I'll share with you a glimpse into our home, hopefully paying a tribute our 100 year old house deserves.

9 comments:

  1. Very cool! My house is 138, it's great being a part of history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hundred (plus) year-old-house when I lived in Chicago. I really miss its charm. (The plumbing? Not so much...) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool. Our home is 100+ years old. I absolutely adore it. We unfortunately are moving soon. I almost want to cry over it. :) But we are going to Hawaii, so I can't complain too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki. There are days I would be happy to trade my 100 year old home for a trip to Hawaii!

      Delete
  4. Um. In love. Curb appeal to high heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dream home is an old one....complete with creaky stairs and claw foot tubs! My great aunt had a home built in the 1800's and I loved everything about it....except for the lack of central heat & air which you just HAVE to have in South MS. I'm so jealous of your beautiful 100 year old. Happy birthday pretty house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw Willard at the bottom of your newest post and had to head over. He makes me smile because he played Santa at the Christmas Pageant of Peace hosted by the White House when I as a kid. He gave me a hug and kissed my hand when I was six and my dad was the police officer in charge of handling the pageant. I swore I would never wash my hand again. :)

    Happy Birthday to your house this year...101! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your house photos1 Our house is 100 years old in 2014 and we'd love to have a party on New Years Day to celebrate. Did you do anything like this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm still in luv with ur home, wish oh wish I could have an old home. slowly changing out all our new for old, haha.

    I told jeff he would have been better off just buying me an old home and fixing it up. he didn't listen, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...