Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just what every princess needs...

Princesses are a very big deal in our house, at the moment. Grace lives in her very own fairy tale where her daddy is the Prince and Riley is the witch {poor Riley}. Grace, of course, has cast herself as a princess.

So what does every princess need besides for a fairy Godmother or two...


A crown, of course.


Using these tinsel pipe cleaners from Hobby Lobby, Grace and I crafted our {her} own crown.


I started by twisting 2 of the pipe cleaners together, making a halo shape, for the base of the crown.


Then, by twisting and bending the pipe cleaners, the crown started to take shape. I used 8 pipe cleaners, cutting some of them to fill in and give structure to the sides and middle of the crown.


The finishing touch...jewels.


Grace happily glued some pink and blue 'sapphires' to her crown.


I think it's a crown truly fit for a princess.


The fairy tale continues. Do you think by default I get cast as the evil queen?

Linked up and a BIG thanks to:


1 comment:

  1. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your crown project! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/pipe-cleaner-crown/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...