Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Goodwill Hunting Roundup

It's that time of month, where I share my Goodwill finds and you decide whether an intervention is required.

Believe it or not, I have still been showing some restraint when it comes to my Goodwill trips.  Of course, when I come across a vintage faceted glass lamp for $2.99, restraint goes out the window.


And that restraint, well, when you see a gilded gold ornate chunky frame for $4.99, that restraint again goes out the window.


I've already popped the painting out of the frame {which will go right back to Goodwill}.  I plan on either putting a chalkboard inside, or turn it into a cork board.  If nothing else, I'll use it as a prop for pictures, like we did for Grace's arts and crafts birthday party.


I found this beat up vase for .99 cents.  Though it isn't real silver, I loved the shape.  And, who knows, maybe I'll get some flowers for Valentine's day to fill it up with.


Restraint is also forgotten about when it comes to hearts.  I have a weakness for anything heart shaped.  When I saw 3 Pottery Barn heart shaped 'love' plates for .99 cents a piece.  My heart skipped a beat.  I guarantee, even on sale at Pottery Barn, there is no way these plates were ever .99 cents.


Hearts got me again, when I spotted this brand new, still in the package set of 4 heart handled coffee mugs from Williams-Sonoma.  Williams-Sonoma sold them full price for $39, marked them down on clearance for $18.99 and then Goodwill sold them for $4.99.  This is a bit more than I would normally spend but I was thinking teachers gifts for Valentine's day.


No trip to Goodwill is complete without looking through the little girl clothes.  I found this Gap Vest, for Grace, for $3.99.


Currently, Grace will only wear dresses.  She happily approved of both of these dresses. The green one dress is Carters and was $3.99 and the pink one is from Old Navy and was $2.99.  I also grabbed an Old Navy jean jacket for $3.99.  Grace was less excited about the jean jacket.


Now it's your turn. Make me feel better and share your thrifting finds.

21 comments:

  1. You go girl! I may have to head over there on my lunch break to find some goodies. You always come home with winners. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite goodwill finds this past month were steal tiped cowboy boots for my youngest for $2.50 and 2 pairs of brand new gymboree pants (tags on) for my oldest for $3 each. If it makes you feel better I probably would have picked up the same items you did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Score! You found some great deals Erin. I love a good deal but, I think, I love hearing about other people's amazing finds just as much.

      Delete
  3. I love the lamp! You find the best stuff! Later in the week I will be sharing my recent finds - nothing as exciting as this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that I get all excited when I see that you've done a thrift store round-up? Nice finds, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy moly!! i'm really feeling the need to move by you - those finds AND those prices!!I've been eyeballing a frame similiar to urs but they what $24.99 for it. i know its a picture and all but seriously i can buy brand new with a coupon for that price. i'm having some serious lamp envy - it's gorgous - did it come with that lamp shade? i bought a glass based lamp with a beautiful shaped lamp shade but the fab is umm...disgusting, lol! so i'm trying to work up the nerve to do an edison bulb with the naked shade. or i might do the shade with old book pages decoupaged but it kills my heart to tear up a book! u did great on your finds! all those hearts <3!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Love the lamp in particular... I'll have to make a Goodwill/Salvation Army run soon. It's amazing what you can find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rosie. I hope you find something amazing at your next visit.

      Delete
  7. Good finds Amy! I plan on making a Goodwill trip today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful finds, especially the lamp and the dresses which i would have taken home with alacrity too. we just bought a second hand mantelpiece that i'm excessively pleased with and which was SUCH A BARGIN!
    i've recently started hosting a thrifting linky on which it features if you want to admire it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! I love the lamp and the frame! I wish there was a Goodwill here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds Amy! I would love to find those plates! And tell that little Gracey that jean jackets are a staple and they go with EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all some awesome finds! Love the little dresses for Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are awesome finds amy! the gold frame is my favorite, i could see myself using it!!

    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  13. That lamp!!!!!!! SOOOO GOOD! So cheap!!!!!!! YES to teacher gifts......that mug would make me happy..........the handles are too cute. Love the shape of the vase. AND WHOA! That frame was a STEAL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome finds Amy! I'm soooo jealous of that frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously Amy - your Goodwill has freakishly good stuff. Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma?!? And that huge frame for only $4.99 - amazing find. Goodwill Roundup is one of my FAVorite posts to read of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think we are kindred goodwill sisters!...you are a beast! and i love how you come home with the cutest things for grace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swear you find better stuff than I even see anymore at the Good Will's around here. They aren't junk, they have too much new stuff from Target.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to move near you since you definitely fine better items that I see. My best deal yesterday at Salvation Army was a new slip still with the tag for $2.99.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...