Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!


I have a special place in my heart for Valentine's Day and it may not be for the reason you would suspect either. The 'L' word has very little to do with it...


3 years ago, just before Christmas, I got laid off. The company I worked for lost a big account, as a result I lost my job and found myself trying to figure out how to adapt to life at home.

Though I had always wanted to be a stay at home mom, the shock of it occurring on someone else's terms left me feeling unprepared and being eliminated from a company I had worked at for years shook my confidence.

Thanks to the many amazing blogs that are out there, I found a creative outlet that had otherwise gone untapped. These blogs inspired me, challenged me and gave me hope. As a result I felt like a more confident and capable mom and wife.

Eventually, this led to the birth of While Wearing Heels...


I can now look back on what was a devastating blow and see the blessings that resulted. I adore being home making memories with my beautiful daughter, naughty little dog and thoughtful husband and sharing some of the fun we are having through While Wearing Heels.

So I humbly thank you for reading my blog and I wish you a very happy Valentine's day.

22 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Amy! Hope you and and your family have a great one. :) So happy you started this blog...you know it is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy VD! Sometimes, things just fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day my friend! I'm so happy that it all worked out for you -- and that we are all blessed with your fabulous little corner of the internet!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valetine's Day sweet friend! I'm so glad our paths crossed. You have been a huge motivator for me! Enjoy your day and may it be filled with much love;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day to you too :) I'm a firm believer in the saying "all things happen for a reason". I love reading your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day to you also. I must have found you right after you started. I admit after reading your blogs it encouraged me to start mine. Glad you are enjoying your time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy valentines! It feels so weird to sew with heels, done that a few time and got introuble at my school's sewing lab haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just so sweet! Happy Valentine's Day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm sorry that you had to go thru that for your blog to come about but i am so grateful that ur blog and YOU are here. you're such a great person and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy I am sorry that you did not get to leave on your own terms and the effects that it had on your self confidence. Being at home with Grace albeit unexpected is a wonderful thing for you both. I am glad that you started your blog and love your daily crafts and the fact that you make me smile daily. Happy Valentines Day xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! and reading your blog is an absolute pleasure...every time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww what a sweet post! I am happy that the turn of events turned into a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Valentine's day! With rain always comes shine;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful! i for one am very happy that you are doing this beautiful blog and are connecting with us instead of going to work every day :-).
    and i am sure Grace is too!
    happy Valentines day dear friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I'm sure glad it all lead to where you are, otherwise I'd miss out on laughing with you. Not at you, with you.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy you started blogging too...you were one of the first ones I started reading/following. :) Hope you had a wonderful V-day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blessings in disguise :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, such a sweet post. I am so glad the blog has brought you much joy. Your son is too cute! happy valentines day xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. That little one is actually my daughter, I hope you'll think she's still too cute.

      Delete
  20. Sweet post. I'm so glad there are people like you to inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are the sweetest person EVER! What a great post.. short but so so sweet! Im glad you are enjoying staying home with your baby girl. And that we have become bloggy friends. Hope you had a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...