Thursday, March 15, 2012

I've Been Tagged

Have you been tagged yet? There’s a tag game going around blog land, and I’ve been tagged by Maysem Ode To Inspiration. I feel like I've been included in some sort of secret society and I'm loving it!

This isn’t your old fashioned game of tag (which I used to love as a kid!)… It’s a get to know your fellow blogger type of game. Here are the rules:

RULES:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you and then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Let them know you have tagged them.

Ready to get to know me? These were Maysem's questions:

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a teacher. I loved playing school and of course I was always cast in the role of teacher. Thank goodness I had a little sister to boss around, I mean, be my student.


2. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Flying seems like a good super power but 1. I am afraid of heights and 2. I am a very nervous flyer SO, I'll go with teleportation. I'd like to be able to instantaneously pop myself any place in the world, in a Samantha from Bewitched kind of way.


3. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
I rarely eat ice cream {darn my sensitive teeth}. When I do, I am a sucker for Edy's Peppermint ice cream.

4. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?

The Muppets. I am not sure who enjoyed the movie more me or Grace. I grew up with the Muppets so this movie brought back really sweet childhood memories. I even shed a few happy tears while I watched it.


5. What was your most favorite craft that you made?
Grace's Halloween costume, inspired by Martha Stewart's chicken costume.


Growing up, my mom always made our Halloween costumes.


So, being able to make Grace's costume, brought back happy memories from my own childhood and made me realize that I could be a mom, just like my mom was {is}.

6. What do you prefer doing: Laundry or Washing the dishes (no dishwasher)?
I prefer laundry, of course this is in context to over doing the dishes. Do I have laundry that I am procrastinating folding, in my dryer right now...um, yes!

7. What was your favorite activity as a child?
I loved playing in the water when I was little. We'd spend summer days at my Grandparents' house eating freezie pops sporting our homemade bikinis {oh, yah, I said homemade bikinis}. Happy days, happy memories.

Me and my little sis.

8. If you can travel back to one decade, which one would it be and why?
Either the 50s or the 60s. As far as fashion goes, I think this was a stylish and classic time frame. This is probably why I am counting down the days until Mad Men returns.


9. Coffee or tea?
This girl is a tea drinker. I love Republic of Tea not only do they taste great but they come in the cutest containers.


10. Appetizer or dessert?

Appetizer, hands down. In my perfect world, at the end meal, I would be given the appetizer menu not the dessert menu.

I LOVE Wok N fire's crab cake hand rolls...yum!


11. What crafting tool/machine/supply is your BFF?
Going off track a little, I would say besides for my camera, I could not live with Photoshop elements and Picnik {now PicMonkey}. There is rarely a day that goes by that I don't take a picture of something. Even a great photo can be made just a little bit better with a few tweaks {thank goodness for photo editing websites}.

My turn to ask the questions! The lucky bloggers to answer them are:


This is all for good fun! If you don’t want to play, no worries:D For those that have not gotten tagged yet and want to play, feel free to join in! You can leave your answers in the comment area below.

1. Who is your celebrity look alike?
2. What post are you most proud of and why?
3. Are you the only, oldest, middle or youngest sibling in your family?
4. What was your favorite childhood lovie?
5. What style is your home currently decorated in?
6. What are you making for dinner tonight?
7. What made you decide to start blogging?
8. What's the story behind your blog name?
9. What was the worst job you ever had?
10. What word describes you best?
11. Who is your favorite Muppet character?

I'm not sure what is more telling, the answers I gave to the questions I was posed OR the questions I asked...hmmmm.

5 comments:

  1. That is the CUTEST little chicken I've ever seen! Seriously! Think I see a mother daughter resemblance too, minus the feathers.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of me! Love reading these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I used to make my little brother play teacher with me..and yup I would be the teacher too:) Hehe. Loved your super power pick...I used to wish I can transport like Samantha too...I loved her!! OMG...Grace's costume is much too cute! I just realized that I forgot to share the costumes I made. Will respond to that email shortly:) And I so agree with you about the 1950's and would have picked that too..fashion reasons too..LOL!

    Thanks for playing the game:D

    Maysem @ odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the list of things we have in common continues to grow :). Thanks for inviting me to play along!

      Delete
  4. too fun!! we sound so much alike - seriously i wanted (still want) to be a teacher, i always wanted to be Samantha from Be Witched (Be Witched and I Dream of Jeanie were my most favorite shows!), and i always have said i was born in the wrong era - 40's-60's preferably the 50's! i don't eat ice cream but maybe 4 spoons a year if that and i don't care for sweets so no desserts for me i LUV appetizers i usually get those instead of meals!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...