Friday, March 23, 2012

Nesting Bags

Every spring, we find at least one bird's nest in our yard. And every year, baby birds fill our yard as they attempt to learn how to fly.


Maybe since Grace is growing up and I have no one to baby, this year, I am turning my maternal urges to the birds.

So, I grabbed some lemons. Birds like lemons, right? Seriously, though, I grabbed the lemons for the mesh bag which seemed like a perfect nesting bag for my feathered friends.


Nesting bags can be made of the following: pet hair {which we have ample amounts of}, thread, yarn, felt, batting and dryer lint.

So, I filled my mesh lemon bag {you could use a mesh onion bag as well} and hung it in one of our trees.


Wondering what I did with the lemons? I put them in iced water, poured myself a glass, sat back and waited for some birdies.


I just hope this turns out better than the last bird project I attempted. I had previously made bird seed ornaments and while they were setting up, a squirrel found his way into our screened in deck for a little snack and he couldn't figure out how to get back out.


If this project takes an unexpected turn, I suspect my husband will ban me from befriending birds.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! My kids love to feed birds, we will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a nesting bag before - I take it it's just to make it easier for them to find thing to build their nest with...


    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your bunny basket on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 94
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill! Thanks so much for featuring my bunny basket. I am thrilled!!! And, yes, the nesting bags are just to provide some extra fluff and comfort for a bird's nest.

      Delete
  3. Amy
    Thats a great idea I need to try that... you've got such a sweet heart bless you...
    Love this idea.. and I just bought lemons for a tutorial I'm doing tomorrow.. so how about that... it was meant to be... =)

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mesh bag truly served as a multi-purpose bag. :) It could even be used during your trips to the beach. You can use it to collect shells, hold lotions and sun block, as well as other items that are necessary when staying by the beach. You will not worry about the bag getting soaked in the water.

    Pearlie Mcilvaine

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...