Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Come one, come all

Come one, come all to Grace's 4th birthday. In case you haven't already guessed, we are going with a circus themed birthday party and the party is THIS weekend.  Beware, there will be lots of circus themed posts around here.

Being an avid DIYer, it may surprise you, I went with store bought party invitations.  I found them at Hobby Lobby and thought 1. these are really cute and 2. this will save me some creative energy.


But in a Sandra Lee fashion {from Food Network}, I decided to take a semi homemade spin on my invites.  I used my Martha Stewart elephant stamper and a grey paint sample swatch.


Grace helped lightly glue the elephant cut outs onto the invites.  Yes, if you live in this house, you get sucked into my crafting sweat shop :)


The finishing touch, we stamped an elephant onto the back flap of the envelope.


Tada...not bad for semi homemade, huh?

9 comments:

  1. LOVE semi-homemade! I'm going to be posting a semi-homemade torte recipe soon. :) Can't wait to see the rest of the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant punch is so cute! I love how serious Grace is in the picture. You can tell she was giving you her best work! I so wish we lived closer so Riley and I could crash. I can't wait to see e rest of the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Those invites are super cute. The elephant touches you and Grace added are just perfect! I can't wait to see the rest of the party. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous! please send me one, i also want to go to the circus :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good homespun party...especially when it involves creating a unique invite! *love* this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree sometimes it's ok to save some creative energy... besides semi-homemade still counts:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the most adorable invitations I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute! That party is going to be amazing...I can feel it. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the invites - great personal touch!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...