Thursday, January 10, 2013

Goodwill Hunting Roundup

It's that time again for my Goodwill roundup.  It's been 2 months since I shared my finds and believe it or not, I have been showing enormous restraint.  Even though I got this in the mail...


Yes, Goodwill sent me a birthday card and 25% my total purchase coupon. 

*If you sign up for Goodwill's emails, you'll get alerted to any sales or promotions they have throughout the month and, of course, they'll send you your very own birthday card.

I found these Restoration Hardware photo frame ornaments.  They appeared to be brand new and still had the original tags.  They were .99 cents each.  I bought 6 and had big plans to put them on my Christmas tree...unfortunately, that never happened.  There's always next year, right? 


This is one of my Christmas outfits.  The pink corduroy jacket was my most recent purchase, bought for $3.99 and I love it.  The pants and shoes were both previous Goodwill purchase.  In total, this outfit, including shoes, was under $15. 


I also found these America Eagle pants.  They can be rolled up or left down, or I suppose, if you were a rebel, you could wear one up and one down.  For $3.99, they are the perfect addition to my summer wardrobe.


Grace also scored a few items.  I picked up this Gap sweater dress for $2.99. 


And, I found her a Gymboree winter vest, for next year, for $4.99.


When I get over my creative block, I plan on using this .99 cent sheet of cork to either line the inside of my cabinets or make coasters out of. 



I stumbled across these Crate and Barrel meat markers for .99 cents.  They were unopened and in the original package.  I thought they might be the perfect addition to a BBQ gift basket.  So, in the cart they went and in my closet they now wait.


For the house, I added another jar to my growing collection, the empty jar.  I paid $1.99.  All 3 jars below were Goodwill purchases coming in less than $6.  


When I come across something truly vintage, I have a hard time putting it back.  I found this metal tray with the most interesting design.  My favorite is the weather vane rooster.  I paid $1.99 and think I got a great deal.  I am almost thinking of opening a vintage section of my Etsy shop and listing it.


I found this $1.99 pillow and thought I had the perfect spot for it.  When I got it home, I realized, it's true, I do have a pillow obsession and this poor little guy really didn't have a spot after all.  He's in the closet keeping the meat markers company at the moment.


Believe it or not, I've been to Goodwill 2 times this year and I have left empty handed both times. 

Restraint.

23 comments:

  1. These are some of my favorite posts of yours. You seem to score the cutest clothes. I wish I wasn't a giant and didn't need extra long pants so I could find some myself. :) I love those jars you've found and the clothes for Grace are just too cute. I am going to a TotSwap tonight for kids consignment around the corner after work. I hope I find some deals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEK! The vintage tray is awesome!!!! Love those jars too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that top is amazing! Gorgeous outfit, you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds!! I love Goodwill! But, I've posted before that I think mine here in California tends to have higher prices than I see in blog world. I found that same tray at mine!!! Have you checked this out??? I could spend hours on here :)
    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find better stuff than me. I have 'while wearing heels' envy. It's a real disease now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometime I go there and nothing...sometime I buy 1/2 the store :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Goodwill gets all the Target leftovers which is pretty awesome being that Target is my favoritest place. Ever. BUT sometimes they price it even higher than it would have been 70% off at Target which bugs me. LOL.

    BUT, it is brand new stuff. I did get a cute coral Kindle cover for $4 the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I am dying to go thrifting. Those are amazing finds!! It will be just like Christmas when you dig out those ornament frames.... next Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, that pink top is gorgeous! I love the flowers! It looks even better on! We have a Goodwill where I live, but it's not the best selection. My husband would kill me if I had so many jars! I just have to find places for them! We had a candy bar at the wedding and I still have a lot of the containers.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last year I went with my birthday coupon on the 15th, the day they hand out a scratch off with more % off and I got an additional 20% off. Needless to say, I went crazy. You for sure showed some restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those were all good finds Amy, i love gracie's bubble jacket and the corduroy top you got, so cute!

    i'm surprised though that you went to goodwill 2 times empty-handed?! what?! lol!

    huggies***
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy these posts because I have a mild garage sale withdrawl during the winter and these posts help tide me over until it's warm enough to get a real garage sale fix. (My local thrift store lacks variety and is generally overpriced)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always find the best stuff! Your outfit is adorable and I'm jealous of all the goodies you scored. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds! We don't have a Goodwill :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. luv it all that pink jacket and pants are amazing!! and if you list that tray i want first dibs, lol! seriously you have a great eye, that would be a great addition to your shop. i've done the same this year and december, i've been really particular about what i've purchased. i only bought ONE item in December I almost thot abt not doing a round up for December but i totall luv the item i got, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh man i had no idea they sent a coupon. i hope that happens for me next month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how sweet it is when you can stop in goodwill and find unopened expensive brands! score! tell grace i may need to borrow that vest:) enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely!!! Love your jacket, and there is something about those meat markers... Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such fabulous finds, my friend! And you have one seriously styling closet ...

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy...I would so make something valentine-ish out of a few of those ornaments. I love them! You are so pretty in pink! The little tray you found how reminds me of Mihaela from Meeha Meeha! (Do you know her?) And I cannot wait until we go hunting together this year! Wear your sensible shoes girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great finds Amy! and you definitely should add a vintage section to etsy - it will give you a reason to buy all that great vintage stuff at goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great finds as always!! I got the 25% card too... I haven't had the chance to make my trip my soon enough it'll happen. :P

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...