Thursday, January 24, 2013

LOVED Tee Shirt

With a plain red tee shirt on hand and Valentine's day rapidly approaching, I decided to make Grace a LOVED shirt.


To make your own LOVED tee shirt, get yourself:
a tee shirt
embroidery thread or use 2 strands of DMC thread {I used DMC white}
needle
embroidery hoop
water erasable fabric marking pen

On paper, I wrote out LOVED to figure out the spacing. Then, I folded the tee shirt and determined roughly where the center was and where I would place the lettering. I free handed and drew LOVED onto the tee shirt with a water solvable pen.


The nice thing with the water solvable pen, any perfectionist tendencies you have, if at first you aren't happy, apply some water {let it dry} and then try again.


Embroider the letters using a stain stitch. This basically means, work each stitch smoothly from one side of the letter to the other side of the letter. Lay each stitch as close together as possible (without pulling too tightly). The goal is that no fabric will show through between each satin stitch.


When you are done, use some water to dissolve any exposed lines. And admire!


Yes, Grace is definitely LOVED...


even when she gives me that sassy look.


I hope you've been inspired and feel loved.

19 comments:

  1. Oh that is cute and I love the sassy look. Those eyes say, score new tshirt, very loved and most importantly LOLLIPOP. Very cute Amy, I sadly caught one of my children using my water soluble marker as a texta... there were no lollipops in our house that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great project. :) I've never heard of that type of marker...it's probably because I'm still too nervous to sew. Ha! Grace as always is a great model of your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am following you from the hop and like your craft ideas. This loved t-shirt is perfect for my little girl and the baseball is nice for my son. At least it is something different from the usual chocolates :)
    I would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat idea! I never thought of "hand embroidering" anything before. This would be fun on hubby's undergarments. I love his buns. Was that TMI? Sorry!

    Great idea Amy, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously...your embroidery skills are crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute project and Grace wears it well....the sassy look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute...and love the red nails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable!! We just found out we are having a baby girl and I cant wait to use this technique to monogram some onesies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute and it looks even cuter while grace is wearing it!

    huggies***
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, you always make the cutest things! Grace is so lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And she is loved! What a cutie! I do love this and I loved that you kept it real and revealed the error too! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is a beauty! Great idea. How long did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grace could not look cuter in that shirt! This is my question: was the heart sucker a prop . . . . or a bribe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, and it suits Grace perfectly! And what a wonderful thing to be reminded of all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are good - I find that to be very difficult

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so stinking cute...the shirt and Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.....that is cute and I love the sassy look ..awesome picture....

       Best customised t shirt printing

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...