Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pipecleaner Crown


Princesses are a very big deal in our house, at the moment. Grace lives in her very own fairy tale where her daddy is the Prince and Riley is the witch {poor Riley}. Grace, of course, has cast herself as a princess.

So what does every princess need besides for a fairy Godmother or two...


A crown, of course.


Using these tinsel pipe cleaners from Hobby Lobby, Grace and I crafted our {her} own crown.


I started by twisting 2 of the pipe cleaners together, making a halo shape, for the base of the crown.


Then, by twisting and bending the pipe cleaners, the crown started to take shape. I used 8 pipe cleaners, cutting some of them to fill in and give structure to the sides and middle of the crown.


The finishing touch...jewels.


Grace happily glued some pink and blue 'sapphires' to her crown.


I think it's a crown truly fit for a princess.


The fairy tale continues. Do you think by default I get cast as the evil queen?

21 comments:

  1. That is so cute, Amy! Too bad we couldn't get our girls together right now. We are knee deep in princess and related figures right now. I think I just stepped on the same Merryweather fairy yesterday that you have in this post. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS the only figure I'm allowed to play with is the Stepmother from Cinderella. I am wondering if there is any correlation there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an adorable crown... and quite creative! I want one for myself. :P Don't tell me you don't get cast as a fairy Godmother. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's gorgeous! Indeed a crown fit for a princess!

    Evil queen? I doubt it! Maybe a lady in waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable. And maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd love to be the evil queen. I'm nice to people all day long but if I'm the evil queen they'll have to do what I say... 'cause, you know, I'm evil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful little princess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace is just so sweet:) You lucky mom you. If there's a good witch, how about a good queen:) Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Such a sweet little princess. And no your not the evil queen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative! this is beautiful. Evil queens are normally beautiful too, and very interesting, so don't worry if it should happen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! That would be a fun craft for a birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace is a princess who truly deserves a crown and why not some awesome jewels! Looks great to me! (and you said you were in a rut!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling. You two must have so much fun together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. she's just a cutie! you have a diy-er in the making right there Amy!

    huggies***
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love pipe cleaners! This is an adorable project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is TOO CUTE! You're back on your creative streak again! No way are you the evil queen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Riley always has to be the bad guy. But better to have the canine cast in that roll than the mom.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute and easy idea! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Amy,
    What a great project and crown. She looks so cute wearing it. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
    Nichi @ The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have 3 little princess' that will love this! Thanks so much for sharing. We are having our 1st link party today! We would love to have you join us! You may link up as many of your projects as you would like! Please come join us at
    thebusybhive.blogspot.com
    Joye & Myrna
    The Busy Bee's

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...