Friday, February 10, 2012

Goodwill Hunting Roundup

Yes, it's time again for another Goodwill Hunting Roundup. I couldn't be happier with the deals I found this month. You never know what you are going to find and that's what keeps me going back.

When I saw this globe, I couldn't get it in my shopping cart quick enough. I was in disbelief that no one had grabbed it before I had a chance. This globe is in perfect condition and has a solid wood base. Are you ready for this, I paid $3.99 for it.


My husband has developed an interest in English pond boats. He found a few on Ebay that are admittedly very cool. So, when I saw this mini knock off of an English pond boat for $1.99, I thought I might win a few brownie points and impress my husband with my find.


For $2.99, this metal gardening basket brought a huge smile to my face. I have been hoping to stumble upon one of these. Thanks to pinterest, I've been inspired to, hopefully, hang this in my kitchen and fill it with fresh fruit.


When I saw this adorable houndstooth mod dress for $1.99 {it was originally $3.99 but it was orange tag day SO it was half off}, I decided it would be an adorable addition to Grace's wardrobe.


This chair is ah-mazing. I spied someone walking around contemplating buying it, which, of course, made me want it even more. As soon as I saw they were going to pass up this beautiful chair, I claimed it for my own for $4.99.


I picked up this little bird for .99 cents and this picture frame for .49 cents AND they just so happen to be a nice addition for Valentines.


I am a sucker for anything white that can be added to my kitchen. This fluted dish was only $1.99. It was too pretty to pass up, plus it makes my sugar cookies look even more tempting.


Ok, confession time, I am a HUGE fan of American Pickers. They are always taking about finding things that are 'a piece of Americana' SO when I found a vintage Morton Salt trivet for .49 cents I decided it was a piece of Americana I needed to own.


I scour the toy/game aisle each trip I make to Goodwill. This past month, I actually bought Grace her first Ken doll for .99 cents {no picture, sorry}. All the Barbies were so excited, they found themselves fighting over who was going to marry him.

I also found a set of Circus Animal Lacing Cards for $1.99. They have a cool, vintage feel to them. It won the Oppenheim best toy award {bonus!}. What made it an even better find, it was in perfect condition.


Last but certainly not least. I had been thinking about buying an overhead projector. I have a growing list of overhead projector projects. I wasn't sure I wanted to invest $30 in a projector {which seems to be on average how much they run at a thrift store}. Lo and behold, this Elmo projector was listed for $24.99 BUT I stumbled upon it on a day when all pink tags were half off SO for $12.50 it was too good to pass up. I can't wait to start creating!


If you still haven't hit your local Goodwill {or even if you have and were hoping for a few new tips}, head over to Thrifty Like Me {someone equally as excited about thrifting as I am} to read her 7 tips for scoring at Goodwill. Then head out to Goodwill and score some good deals for yourself.

Happy thrifting!

Seeking Help from:
Thrifters Anonymous

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I love seeing all your Goodwill finds! I have that exact same fluted dish I got at Home Goods...for triple that amount! It came with a wide ribbon that was laced around the edge...looks really pretty.

    Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to more great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I am totally going to find some ribbon to weave through my fluted dish...brilliant! Thanks for popping over.

      Delete
  2. WOW! those are some great finds! i love the title...so clever!

    kimberly
    anightowlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...thanks for stopping over and checking out my finds. I'll have to keep my eye on your Thrify Thursdays. I can always use another thrify friend.

      Delete
  3. I feel a bit sour grapes saying this...but as a long, long time shopper of GW, the prices have gone crazy and there are a lot of people who are just cruising because they want to find items to sell. Wanting to make money is fine, but the love of the hunt and the appreciation to the thrifted pieces seems missing. I hope it is a faze and that they will be gone and leave the pickings to the folks who LOVE what they find.Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel like, prices can be very inconsistent ranging from reasonable to forget about it. Though items are donate, I do realize GW is trying to make money, pay for their mission and their staff BUT some prices, even considering those things, do seem to be higher than necessary. I am relatively new to GW shopping starting a little over a year ago. I am sure there is a fair amount of reselling of items but for me, it truly is the love of the hunt.

      Delete
  4. Well here in Vegas we have .99 Mondays which really is enough to make your head explode!

    HOWEVER, Goodwill's prices can be capricious, as a sometime online seller, I think you can wave goodbye to the throbbing days of yore.

    I think the trick is to expand to smaller, non chain thrift stores and garage/yard sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .99 cent Mondays, my head would explode :). Thanks for your thoughtful feedback!

      Delete
  5. Oh! Autocorrect is a bear!!! Throbbing=thrifting

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...