Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day

I am normally not a 2 a day poster but it's Groundhog Day so I thought I would make an exception.

{Image via The Washington Post}

Well, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, 6 more weeks of winter. We've had a fairly mild winter so I think I can survive 6 more weeks of it.

Thanks to Lindsy over at Preschool Alphabet {a wonderful blog you have to check out if you have preschoolers}, Grace and I have been having some fun with groundhogs today.

Lindsy inspired us to make some of our own shadow painting groundhog. We did a quick google search for groundhog silhouettes. It made me sad that one of the only decent silhouettes I found had a target on its belly.


We cut our groundhog out of a thick advertisement piece and glued him {very lightly} to some brown card stock. With a sponge and some white paint, we dabbed him lightly around his perimeter.


When his shadow dried, we carefully lifted up our groundhog pattern and admired his shadow.


Head over to Preschool Alphabet to check out more fun Groundhog Day facts and activities.

1 comment:

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...