Thursday, February 23, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

Dorothy was right, there is no place like home.

From the house you grew up in, to the first house you buy {see picture below} to all the others that follow, memories are created there and chances are a piece of your heart is left behind.


SO, when it came time to sell my first house, I knew I wanted to take part of that house with me. Thanks to Gretchen from Little Homemaker, I was able to do just that. She recreated my house as a 3 dimensional sculpture. Dare I say, she made it look even more adorable in miniature form?


Right down to my digging dog {Baxter}...


No detail was spared.


So, even though I left a piece of my heart at that house, I also took a piece of that house with me as well {in adorable miniature form}.

Maybe you are looking for another way to pay homage to your home, well, My World can create a detailed contour cut block of the front of your house. The back of the block can be just as meaningful with a blank space allowing you to recount important events or memories created at that particular house.


If money is no object, another option is Manhattan Dollhouse. Manhattan Dollhouse can custom build a dollhouse that is an exact replica of your house {from room design to flooring to wall color}. They even offer an option of recreating a single room {how sweet would it be to replicate your child's nursery}. Could you imagine how much fun it would be to see not only the outside of your house duplicated BUT also the all the details from the inside of your house as well?


So, if ever you want to click your ruby red shoes and return home again, you can.

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

6 comments:

  1. That is really cool! Your house looks eerily like my house (except for the dormers). White house, green shutters, green roof, the placement of the windows, and even the criss cross pattern on the front door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just another thing to add to the growing list of things we appear to have in common :)

      Delete
  2. OK, those replica houses are really cute. What a great idea too. Makes me wish I had a little shelf with all the houses I have lived at.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bliss, thanks again for taking the time to stop over. I can't wait to add house number 2 to the shelf.

      Delete
  3. Amy - do you know you are a no reply blogger? I attempted to respond to your reply to me that comes via email, but it goes to "noreply@blogger" so after I typed it up you didn't get it! There is a tutorial on line somewhere if you google no reply blogger you can find how to change that setting. Everything is still private, but then when you leave comments on peoples blogs they can respond back again.
    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to dig way back to something I never read. How cute is that little house? (And how ironic is it that the comment above this one is about no-reply bloggers ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...