Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Doggie Bag - Tutorial

I am usually not a paper craft kind of a girl BUT as I was wandering around Papyrus, I saw a doggie gift bag and inspiration struck. As soon as I got home, I grabbed some card stock and made one for myself.


If you are interested in making one as well, you'll need:
Black, Red and White Card Stock
Scissors
Glue
And a Gift Bag

Using the pattern below here...


and here. Copy and paste into a word document, the patterns are approximately the size of an 8 x 11 piece of paper.


Cut your doggie bag pieces out of white, black and/or red card stock.


Find a gift bag {from your stash}. Am I the only one that has a supply of gift bags we've received {my stash}? I'd like to think I am being frugal but I worry this may tilt more towards having {well organized} hording tendencies.


Start to glue the pieces onto your gift bag. Glue the body on first, followed by the collar, then the head and lastly the spot and heart. I removed the gift bag handle so it didn't get in the way while gluing.


I also added a few red sequin embellishments to his collar.


After you put the gift bag handle back on, fill it with a heartfelt gift and pass it along to your Valentine.


Or use this doggie bag as a Valentine's day card mailbox. Simply write the name of the person who will be receiving the Valentines on the doggie's heart.


Either way, I think I have a serious case of puppy love.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE making Valentines boxes. I remember spending hours on it as a kid, adorning my shoebox with pink, red, purple, and white construction paper hearts and lace! This pup is cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...