Monday, February 20, 2012

Felt Piggy Bank Tutorial


Supplies:
Felt
Scissors
Needle and thread
Spare change

Using the pattern below {or cut out your own little piggy pattern}, cut 2 pig bodies out of the same color felt.


Using only one of the felt pieces of piggy, lay the largest coin you have roughly where you think the slot should be placed. This should help you determine how wide your slot should be. I marked mine with a water soluble pen.


Using a pair of scissors, I cut out the slot {you will only need to cut a slot on one of the 2 pigs you cut out}. With my needle and similar colored thread, I reinforced the slot with a straight stitch.


Grab the remaining felt pig and line it up with the slotted piece you just finished. Using either a straight stitch or a stem stitch, sew both pieces of the piggy together.


Then, find some spare change...


and enjoy.


Rumor has it, she likes him for his money...

Linked up and a big thanks to:

 Felt Food Roundup

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love it! I pinned it! Hopefully, I will be making it soon!! LOVE!!
    HUGS~
    Jenni
    kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, thank you so much for your incredibly generous feedback and the pinning. I just checked out your adorable blog as well, how could I not with such a cute name.

      Delete
  2. These would be perfect for my girls. Thanks for linking up at my Felt Food Roundup on OneCreativeMommy.com. I hope you’ll be back for ideas when you're ready to make some more felt projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! I've just finished making a pair (http://beinginspired-blog.blogspot.ie/2012/09/day-21-felt-piggy-banks.html) and am so delighted with them! Thanks for the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to make this. Thank you for the idea. One change I will make is make the slot as a button hole. call NZ

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...