Thursday, February 9, 2012

Admittedly Unoriginal But Still Adorable Valentine's

It's been many years since I have had any personal experience passing out Valentine day cards. When I went to school Valentine day cards, included candy. I was shocked to learn that in some schools candy isn't even allowed. Of course, I realize why and want to be respectful SO for Grace's preschool Valentine's...


We opted for a dino-mite theme. I found a package of 12 plastic dinosaurs at Party Central for $3.


Using my Silhouette, I drew out a stegosaurus pattern {if you want to use mine, send me an email and I'll send you the file}. Then, using some colorful card stock, I cut out a dozen stegosaurus.


I used some bakers twine to affix the dinosaurs to the stegosaurus cut out.


So, even though I have seen this idea done several different ways, I have high hopes that the 3 year old crowd will be impressed.


Here's hoping that you also have a dino-mite Valentine's day!

 

5 comments:

  1. Love this!! Sure wish I had a silhouette :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback. Though my silhouette is nice, sometimes, believe it or not sometimes it's quicker to cut things out by hand.

      Delete
  2. So cute! I'd love to do this for my son's preschool Valentines. If you send the template is it only for Sihouette or can I hand cute them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand cutting could definitely be done, it just might take a while and may cause a temporary case of carpal tunnel :)...but it can be done.

      Delete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...