Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crafter A.D.D.

I have recently been {self} diagnosed with a very serious case of Crafter Attention Deficit Disorder (CADD). CADD is the inability to focus all of one's attention on the craft at hand. People who suffer from CADD will have several half finished projects going at any given time. These people may also find themselves distracted thinking of new projects to introduce into the mix EVEN THOUGH they certainly have enough to concentrate on with the incomplete projects needing their attention.

A typical weekend, for someone suffering from CADD would go something like this...

In efforts to progress on my United Scraps of America project, I began to sew down each state. The key word being began. I was able to applique Minnesota, Michigan and Lake Michigan on BUT in the process, we got news that, on my husband's side of the family, a new niece arrived in the family SO...


Instead of running out to buy a sweet baby gift, I decided to work on finishing the ABC Sampler {from Rosie Little Things} I started back in January to give to our newest niece. But with all that close up embroidery work, I needed a break SO...


Then I made one curtain. ONE. How many do I need, you might be asking yourself? Well, I actually need 2. TWO. But I ran out of black material, so I went to Jo-Ann Fabric to buy some additional material.


While at Jo-Ann Fabric, I checked out the red lined merchandise, which was an additional 50% off thanks to their Presidents Day Sale. For under $4 I got a yard and 4 inches {all that was left on the bolt} of fabric I knew would look amazing in my living room. I am now positive this fabric needs to cover one, maybe two, pillows. *Mental note, must find time to make new pillows.


If your weekend sounds something like this, you too may be suffering from CADD.

It's now becoming quite obvious, why at the end of the night, I find myself unable to quiet my mind and sleep...darn you CADD.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one suffering from this! By the way, I love your play food tutorials. My little girl received a bunch of them for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback and making me feel less insane for my recent self diagnosis. I also love hearing that my food tutorials are being used! Happy birthday to your little girl!

      Delete
  2. I can so relate! I have projects in the works from so many years, it's just not funny anymore. Well, it's a little funny. I have had the same inner monologue. Why can't I makeup brain shut up?). I must see what you're doing next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your blog title, Finish Something already. Obviously, I can relate. I am feeling better knowing I am not alone in suffering from CADD. We should start a support group!

      Delete
  3. i got it also :) you are not alone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this post. CADD all the way and I feel like it gets worse every day. It's like I get a crafters high from thinking up an idea and starting it, yet it soon starts to wear off and I'm on to the next idea before I can finish the first. I want to just be an idea person and have someone else execute my plans :-).

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...