Thursday, February 20, 2014

Customize Cabinets with Brackets

An easy way to give your kitchen cabinets a custom look is by adding brackets.  Brackets can be wood, metal or cast iron.


We happened to find some vintage cast iron brackets from a flea market.  The design must be fairly common because we initially found a set and a few weeks later, came across another bracket.  In total, we probably spent about $7 on all 3. 


We {a term I use loosely since I supervised the whole thing} mounted the brackets under the edge of our kitchen cabinets.


There is an option to mount to the wall as well but with plaster walls sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.


The brackets add a charming subtle accent, giving our cabinets a more custom look.

There are always easy way to give your house custom looks without having to pay custom prices.

14 comments:

  1. Looks great. I try not to put any more nails or screws in my plaster walls if I don't have too. I have a couple of shelves in my kitchen that I used brackets on and the hang over ledge on my counter in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage and custom look of the brackets! What a great idea. Easy and nondestructive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Amy! They look lovely in your kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had one bracket similar to the ones you have. My husband made a shelf for my mom with it. It turned out really well.
    I like your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredibly lovely comment. Thank you so much Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of adding them to cabinets. It does add a nice and personal touch. Brilliant idea Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty idea, it does make them look custom. I also have plaster walls and there is nothing like drilling where you think there is a stud to hit empty space and realise you've made a hole for no reason!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's an easy and cute way to add some "spunk". Maybe you'll find some more

    ReplyDelete
  9. luv them! I just snagged a setoff cast iron bracket that have hummingbirds in them. I need about 3 more sets to have my wall of open shelves in the kitchen. they look great - I luv the little finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty Amy! First you fancied up the bottoms of your cabinets with legs, now the tops with these beautiful scrolly brackets. Great idea! Never underestimate the importance of the supervisory position. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How'd you get so smart? What a quick easy updo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhh they ARE VINTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what a great price! Maybe ebay or etsy have more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Amy, how lovely. I am such a sucker for brackets. I've never seen them under kitchen cabinets like this and I absolutely love it! Now I can buy brackets when I see them in the thrift store:) Thanks so much for this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Kids Table Hire

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...