Thursday, February 13, 2014

Embroidered Initials Felt Heart Pin

The weather isn't conducive to the romantic gesture of carving initials onto the trunk of a tree so I decided to make do with carving them onto a piece of a felt.  Of course, by carving, I mean embroidering.


First, I cut two pieces of hearts out of felt.  With embroidery thread and needle, I embroidered initials onto the front of the heart.  I sewed the front of the heart to the back of heart using a running stitch. Before I finished closing the heart completely, I stuffed it with some fiberfill. 


Add a pin to the back of it and you have a romantic little brooch.  

 

I think my handsome husband knows, he has the key to my heart initials carved into a tree trunk or not.


*Key to my heart tutorial found here.

14 comments:

  1. Awe that's so sweet. That key is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The key was one of those things I wanted to see if I could embroider and almost on its own, came together exactly as I had hoped. Thank you Erin.

      Delete
  2. I love it! Such a cute interpretation of tree carving! But I think hubby should be carving them in the wood for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'tree carving' idea behind this. So creatively cute just like yesterday's post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! I wanna do a family tree that has that on it with maybe i'll do a mixed medium with this, canvas and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Just when I thought you couldn't top yesterday's post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! you can save carving for the spring but in the meantime that's a fab "carving"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I've seen that quilt. I love that quilt.

    And, I love that your husband carved your initials into a tree trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Now that I think about it, I don't believe we've ever carved our initials into a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. I don't think we carved our initials in a tree. I do know we have written them in the sand and snow. :-) We should carve them in one of our trees in the back yard. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Amy! Perfect for those little fluffs of stuffing left in the bottom of my fiber-fill bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So perfect! I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever idea. I like the DIY projects.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...