Monday, February 3, 2014

Valentine Felt Heart Straw Embelishment or Pencil Topper

It's almost Valentine's Day...That means, you have an excuse for adding hearts to things like paper straws.

What's better than showing your Valentine you love them than sharing some ice cold milk and a cupcake?  Sticking a paper straw in that ice cold milk with a felt heart reminder that you 'heart' them.

This quick and easy felt heart can be made in a few simple steps.


You'll need:


Start by cutting out your hearts.  You'll need two hearts a piece, preferably the same color.


Using your needle and thread, do a running stitch to secure the front of the heart to the back of the hear.  You'll need to leave a portion of the top and bottom of the heart unsewn for the straw to fit through.  When you get to very top and very bottom of the heart, instead of doing the running stitch through both layers of hearts, simply go through only the top layer, leaving a hole or pocket for your straw. 

If you'd rather not 'sew', secure the hearts together with tacky glue instead.


Slip it onto a pretty paper straw and sip with love.


Your heart could also be used as a pencil topper.  The perfect inspiration for all your love letter writing.


Inspired to go make one of your own?

Or maybe you now want to go drink some ice cold milk and eat a cupcake...that's OK too.

16 comments:

  1. Super cute! These would be great for Valentine's parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin. Yes, they would be cute for a Valentine's day party.

      Delete
  2. Adorable! The cupcake looks yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun idea! I posted the cupcake recipe today. Just in time it looks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I like that idea. It is a fun party idea. I think it can also be used in a classroom for the children to do. I will have to keep this one in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! I wish our school allowed Valentine's parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's so cute, you are the queen of felt and embroidery, you know I would totally hot glue that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh that Kindergarten handwriting! I love it............so precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute idea. I love working with felts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am inspired! Even I can do this...I think Jacob would prefer a batman one though! Thanks for sharing and inspiring Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute as ever!! I love the idea of adding it to a pencil too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute, Amy! You are the Queen of Felt, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! I need to show these to my 8 year old - she'd whip some up for me pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink felt, a woman after my own heart! This are just so sweet:) Thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...