Friday, August 16, 2013

Tea Tin Organizer

Last week, while wandering around the flea market, I spotted a table of vintage tea tins.  The $3 price tag on this Richelieu Green Tea container, convinced me it needed to come home with me and be transformed into an organizer for the refrigerator.


To make one of your own, gather the following supplies:  tin tea container, heavy duty magnet and J B Weld (or E-6000).


Use your adhesive and secure the magnet to the back of the tea tin. 


Stick it to your refrigerator.


Then, get organized!



*Notice the fortune cookie fortune on the fridge?  Apparently, someone with blue eyes admires me...which is a good thing because both Grace and Mr. While Wearing Heels have blue eyes.  It's a good reminder that I am admired and that they should continue to admire me :).

16 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so jealous I used to collect everything related to tea and my whole collection went missing during a house move, I was so heart broken I never started again, awesome craft. I think I need a reminder to all 6 of the blued people I share a home with that I'm worthy of admiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a genius. I have an old cigar tin of similar shape... I should do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv it!! I've been on the lookout for some of these ever since I saw the tin, but in somewhat good condition here they are close to $10-$15!! looks better than I imagined!!

    PS. I have blue eyes and admire you - add one more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous idea Amy! Love it! Even though I have green eyes, I still do admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is really cute. I need something like that to hold pencils and paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. I have thought about making these before, but just never have, but it would be nice to have a pen handy at all times...as long as everybody put the pen back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab idea, love the tin - looks so pretty. I'm surrounded by blue eyed admirers too ;)

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute idea! And they should continue to admire you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea... you just gave me an idea! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. THat has to be the easiest, cleverest project ever! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO cute Amy! Not to mention functional :) My mom has a ton of old tins. I'm not sure any of them are tea tins but I'm sure something she has will work for one of these. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love tea tins - so of course, I love this organizer SO much! I need more little organizational spaces (especially in the kitchen) - I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for some vintage tins the next time I go antique-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I need to go shopping with you. You find the best stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is a great idea! You are so creative Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy,
    How smart! I love it when you make super cheap stuff for us:)When you do, everyone can "afford" to be inspired! Thanks Amy.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...