Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Treasure Hunting



Our Wisconsin adventures consisted of more than just fishing contests

 
It also involved treasure hunting.


Seriously, what kid doesn't dream of going on a treasure hunt?

I know 3, in particular, that couldn't wait to go on a treasure hunt. 


*Don't worry, I don't have 2 more kids that I've been keeping secret from you...the boys are my nephews.

The kids just happened to stumble upon a treasure map and their adventure began with shouts of, I've always wanted to find a treasure OR I bet we'll find real rubies streaming from the mouths of these 3 eager children.


After studying the treasure map and following the clues...


they discovered a buried treasure.


The treasure included a few toy ponies, some arrowheads, both foreign and gold coins and a faux diamond necklace.  Those little hands, at the bottom of the picture, couldn't wait to divide their booty. 


Sadly, though, there were no rubies.  Grace kept insisting there must be more treasures to be found.  

Looks like I'll need to plan another treasure hunt in the near future, one that is overflowing with rubies.

21 comments:

  1. What a fun activity! The kids looked like they had a lot of fun finding their treasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun!! cor wanted to know if he could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!! cor wanted to know if he could join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww fun! Fun mom, fun aunt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea and way to keep some kids busy for a little while. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I thought maybe you had two sons all of a sudden!
    What fun! Love this, we used to do it when my girls were young. But they usually had a "winner" and the winner got a prize...and the others got party favors...I like your way much better.
    Thanks for sharing, Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing! I love how you mother her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janiene. I have good mom days and I can do better mom days for sure. This one was a good mom day :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is pure fantastical fun! I would have loved this as a kid and can't wait to try it someday! (Maybe on my own nieces and nephews since my little one is a tad too small for buried treasure just yet...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It was fantastical fun. I can't wait to plan another one.

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much Amy. The buried treasure really does take it to a whole other level :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I echo the other commenters - fun mum / aunt and such an awesome activity - my kiddos would adore this!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are officially the Best. Mom. Ever. I'm not even kidding. Could there be a cuter idea? She's going to remember this stuff for-ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heaps of fun, although Grace's future hubby should be worried when the girl wants bling there's no rest until its found. That made me laugh. What a fun activity for all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought you did treasure hunting everytime you went to Goodwill??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such an awesome idea! I love that Grace was insisting that there was more loot to be found. I can see this coming out of the mouth of my own kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! I saw this on fb and last night and thought - 'Amy is at it again, doing cool, fun stuff with her daughter!'

    ReplyDelete
  16. My kids would be all over this. Every Easter they have a treasure hunt to find what the E.B. has brought them. Thinking this would be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea...for young and old. :-) As always, thanks for sharing your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I was 21 a guy we all knew put on a beer hunt all over the town. It was so darn clever, and fun, not to mention who ever brought back the most bottles to fill their case won money. I was hooked on hunts every since and have done many for my kids, but now that they are older maybe I should consider doing a beer hunt?

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun! We have a treasure hunt every year at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...