Friday, December 13, 2013

Felt Woodland Ornament Tutorials

You can never have too many ornaments...or at least, that's what I tell myself as I become obsessed with making new ornaments. 

This was the case when I was inspired to make felt woodland (and other animal) ornaments for Grace's Christmas tree.


These sweet woodland ornaments are virtually no-sew, besides for their french knot snowflakes and embroidered accents like eyes and buttons.


Clever, right? 


and, I've decided to share the patterns with you!

To make your own Fox, use the pattern below...


You might not be excited to have a raccoon sneaking around your yard, digging through your garbage but somehow in felt form, I wouldn't mind seeing more.


To make a raccoon, use the pattern below...


Though, not woodland, Grace has a soft spot for pigs and so her woodland tree also has a pig.


To make your own pig, use the pattern below...


No forest is complete without a deer, or two.  For now, Grace's tree has one lonely doe.


To make your own deer, use the pattern below.  Add a flower or a scarf for an added embelishment.


Whooo would disagree...no woodland set is complete without an owl. 


To make your own owl ornament, use the pattern below...


Let's not monkey around debating over what is a woodland creature and technically not.


To make your own monkey, use the pattern below...


And, a bit softer than the real thing, a hedgehog.


To make your own hedgehog, use the pattern below...

Grab some felt, a pair of scissors, some glue and some twine or ribbon for hanging and let your imagination guide you in making these sweet ornaments your own.

Felt Bunny Ornaments

Grace's tree is now filled with homemade, one of a kind ornaments.


Made with love.


I'm kind of still obsessed with these ornaments...what animal should I make next?

*Patterns have been added but may not be exact as they were created after the ornaments were complete. Patterns may need to be tweaked or adjusted just a bit.

36 comments:

  1. I love these! Amazing job! Have you made dog ones yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beatutifl and creative. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! This is cuteness overload. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing. I love these. The hedgehog is definitely my favorite so far. I feel like you should add a moose to the mix. Maybe that's because the girls and I just saw Frozen. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erin. A moose. Brilliant. I'll have to give it a try!

      Delete
  6. That is one of the most adorable trees I've ever seen all thanks to the most adorable ornaments! This is definitely a Christmas Grace will always remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there are no doubts. Grace is loving everything about this holiday.

      Thanks Maysem!

      Delete
  7. I agree -- never too many ornaments. Though the hubs would disagree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do a chickadee next or a cardinal or a woodpecker....I could keep going here. :-)
    Great idea, I love nature, so this is perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss three of your posts in a row? you are on fire! I think you need a chicken. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, I think you have the woodlands covered how about the outback some koalas and kangaroos :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need a squirrel with a big, bushy tail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm gonna say like I did on FB, "What does the fox say? ring a ding a ding ding." I luv them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are simply adorable! I've been loving crafting with felt this Christmas season, too. Do you have any templates for these darling creatures?

    Lisa Frank :)
    handcraftedparties.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Thanks so much for posting these patterns for all of us, Amy! They're so sweet. :)

      Lisa Frank

      Delete
    2. I posted them for you! I hope you enjoy them.

      Delete
  14. I LOVE each and every one of these! They're soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for sharing the patterns!!! I may not be able to get any done in time for Christmas, but I am still gonna get some made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so exciting. You'll have to share pictures of the ones you make.

      Delete
  16. These are so adorable! Thank you so much for posting the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I love the owl! I will make this for my granddaughter with her name on it:) I will have to think about the two grandsons and what animal they would like the most. You rock the whole wide web, Amy:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to see the monkey make an appearance on the tree! They are all adorable and perfect for a woodland tree! I agree with Diane...you are rockin the web Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our family picks a theme every year and this year happens to be woodland creatures. I googled woodland creatures and happened upon your blog. Jack Pot!! Thank you for the patterns and wonderful design ideas! Have a Great Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all so adorable!! Do you use glue to make the felt stick? If so, what kind? I haven't had much luck getting it to stick permanently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie. I always use Aleene's crafting glue. It's always worked great for me. Best of luck!

      Delete
  21. Amy, thank you so much for sharing your idea and patterns. I can't even explain how much fun I'm having making them! I started trying one, then found myself making 8 with no intention of stopping anytime soon 😊. I'm embellishing then with ribbon, beads, and 'pearl' necklaces. I'll be giving them als gidst, and they will be on German and Dutch trees this Christmas. Thank you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heleen! Thank you so much for your incredibly lovely comment. I would LOVE to see pictures of the ornaments you've made. I am always so pleased when someone takes something I've created and makes their own mark on it themselves...the pearl necklace sounds like perfection.

      Delete
  22. I love these! Can you tell me what you used for the background? Is it cork?

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so cute. I'm wondering what you used to cut the circles. The little scallops look so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for posting these patterns & such. This is an amazing website. I am trying to make these ornaments this year. Thanks again! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, these are adorable! Thanks a bunch for making the patterns and sharing them! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...