Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Advent Calendar: Part 1

Welcome to Part 1 in a 4 part tutorial on how to make your own knock-off Pottery Barn for Kids felt advent calender.


If you want to follow along, go get yourself a wide variety of felt, a package of miniature multi-colored pom poms, some ribbon and lots and lots of fabric glue. 

*No sewing was involved in decorating each square.

Each of my squares is roughly 4 1/2 inches wide by 5 1/2 inches long.

 
The bigger squares allowed for greater detail to be achieved BUT the bigger squares also resulted in a BIGGER tree and BIGGER pockets to fill.  Feel free to scale down the patterns provided to the size pockets you desire.

Let's get started!

First, a partridge in a pear tree.


 SuppliesFelt: cream, burgundy, dark green, green, oatmeal, yellow and black {the square is tan felt}


A red candle, with a holly base.


Supplies:  Felt: red, yellow, black, dark green, green {the square is light blue felt}


A Christmas tree light.


Supplies:  Felt: red, green, black and white {the square is dark green felt}


Simple holly.


Supplies:  Felt: Green and red {the square is dark blue felt}


An ice skate.


Supplies:  Felt: cream, red, blue, yellow, gray {the square is tan felt}. *I used yellow felt for the laces but looking back, it would have been cute with embroidered laces as well.


Peel the glue off your fingers and check out the remaining 3 parts to this tutorial to complete your own advent calender.

Advent Calender Part 2
Advent Calender Part 3
Advent Calender Part 4
And be sure to check out my other Christmas inspired posts:

DIY Pottery Barn Candle
DIY Star Wars Ornaments
DIY Santa Beard


5 comments:

  1. My pleasure Janiece. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you so much for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial! I used several of your ideas for my advent calendar! Those designs were just what I needed to get going. Altho, I did my candle wrong, so don't make fun. ;)

    Here it is: http://mac-aroni-n-cheese.blogspot.com/2011/12/sewing-christmas-countdown-calendar.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I want to do this, no sew, I knew you were a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Felt Christmas Calendar Twixie-pixie is the best selection of handmade, wool, felt Christmas calendar, gifts, butterfly bag, and kid’s toys in Europe. Get online free delivery for all Europe.

    Visit site :- https://twixie-pixie.com/

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...