Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chalkboard Sign

Sometimes we all need a reminder to...


In efforts to clean up my craft area and use up some of my supplies, thanks to October Overhauling, I decided to finally use this mirror my mother in-law gave me.  It never quite found a spot in my house in its current state so I decided to get crafty with it.


A transformation was in order so I carefully took the mirror out of the frame.  While we were painting Grace's shelf for her closet, I gave the frame a coat of white paint as well.


Sometimes, I forget I am a blogger, so focused on getting the task done, I forget to take pictures.  Trust me, as we were painting the shelves, chasing after our dog, entertaining Grace...I was also painting my silver frame white.

I convinced my focused husband to take a break and cut down some wood to fit into the frame.  Then, I gave that a few coats of chalkboard paint.


When it dried, I put it all back together and hung it in my kitchen.  I thought about using it to write out our grocery list or weekly menu but decided instead, on the simple reminder 'to be happy just because'. 


One of the things that make me happy, my kitchen...tomorrow, I'll give you a proper tour.  Today, be happy just because.

17 comments:

  1. That is a great reminder as you walk by. Very cute. I forget to take pictures as I go sometimes too. It happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're on the mend! Very clever use of a mirror that just couldn't find a home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! You're back! I love your chalkboard and am looking forward to tomorrow's "proper tour."

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable project! I love it and can't wait to see what else you've been up to. Hope you are feeling better this morning. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! I love the chalkboard idea but I haven't done it yet for some reason...soon maybe =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the project and what you wrote on it :)

    sometimes, we're too busy doing everything else and forgetting to "be happy just because"....love it!

    huggies***
    smartmomma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, Miss Amy! Can't wait to see the kitchen tour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very cute and sweet:) Love that you turned it into a chalkboard sign... I love anything chalkboard! Wonderful idea Amy!! We do always need a reminder to just be happy just because:) I know what you mean about forgetting to take pictures... there have been quite a few crafts that I never shared just because I never took pictures. Just this morning I made a tool belt out of a placemat..turned out so cute but no pictures! I think I need to make another just so I can share:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chalkboard paint in spray form? I can't find that ANYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Amy!! I can't wait to see your kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like what you wrote on it! Makes you think about all the things to be happy because of!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great minds think alike! I just recently did this to use as a menu board for our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Messages are always better. Im a good case in point - my weekly schedule from the second week of school, though we are in the midst of the fifth week. Great message.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...