Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Party Goodie Bags - Part 2

The fall themed goodie bags for Grace's preschool fall party are done.


Interested in seeing what's inside?


I included some stickers, 2 jelly bracelets, Snoopy temporary tattoos, a pumpkin straw, homemade play dough, a bag of goldfish {in lieu of candy}.


The key is to find things sold as sets.  Sticker books can be found at dollar stores or Michaels for as little as $1-$3.  Instead of keeping the sticker book whole, rip out the pages or cut the sheets in half to add to each goodie bag.  The rubber bracelets came as a set from the dollar store.  The straws I found at a local grocery store 8 straws for $1.  The splurge item, the Snoopy tattoos, were from another local grocery store.  They were a set of 20 and were $4. 

I made the playdough from scratch, the supplies I had on hand, so I considered this a no cost bonus goodie to add to the bag.

And, my favorite, a take home fall scavenger hunt {inspired by Carla from The River}.  I created this doing a google search for free clip art.  Using PicMonkey collage, I created the template for the scavenger hunt and uploaded the clip art images.  Printed out, I fit 2 to a page.


16 bags were made and filled for less than $16.


Did I mention, I've also volunteered to be a room mom for the Thanksgiving party?

15 comments:

  1. Those are all so cute! Wynn has those pumpkin straws...they are the best. :) That scavenger hunt is such a creative idea. I'm sure the kids and parents will love this. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome!!!! Love it all...so creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, you'll now be the mum that the others be continually compared too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas!! I love the play dough, the cute pumpkin straw, and the scavenger hunt. So cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told you... you're in for good, now! ;) Especially with those gorgeous bags. They're never going to let you leave! Nice job, Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome goody bags! Just as I expected! And you are the best person to sign up to help with parties. Your daughters friends will soon learn that they want YOU to be in charge of all parties! It's one of your talents - go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun stuff!! Love the scavenger hunt idea.. so cute of an idea!! Now I can't wait to see what you do for the Thanksgiving party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did great! It's over for you by the way. Your name will be whispered up and down the halls and teachers will fight to get your child in their classrooms. I speak the truth, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You volunteered for the Thanksgiving party too? You're a glutton for punishment! :) Those bags are perfect, the kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those straws are gonna be a big hit! It ALL will be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great! I love everything you included. :) The straws are so cute.
    Thanks for mentioning The River.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful goodie bag. I can tell a lot of love goes into these.
    Gotta love the straws.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The goodie bags are perfect :) I SOOOO miss being room mom for my kids classrooms (they are in college now). Lots of work.. but rewarding. I love seeing the kids having fun!

    leslie
    www.trouverlesoleil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, I think the bags are perfect! I do love that fall scavenger hunt idea too! Am I going to have to dig out my lava spewing volcano for you????!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...