Thursday, May 2, 2013

Coconut-Crusted Shrimp

Believe it or not, even though I rarely share recipes, I do cook.  I love foods full of flavor and enjoy trying out new recipes.

Today, I'll share with you a recipe for coconut-crusted shrimp.


You'll need:
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups of panko
1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup of Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoons of curry power
2 large egg whites
1 pound of large shrimp (I used precooked frozen shrimp)


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Set wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet.

2. in a medium skillet, heat oil over medium.  Add panko and toast, stirring until golden, about 5 minutes.
Transfer panko to a medium bowl, stir in coconut. 

In another medium bowl, whisk together Dijon, curry powder and egg whites.

3. Dip shrimp in Dijon mixture, then coat with panko mixture, gently pressing to adhere.  Place shrimp on rack and bake until opaque throughout, 10-12 minutes.

Serve with lime wedges and Mango Salsa.


Enjoy!


19 comments:

  1. I love seafood! this sounds like a delicious meal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. We're not big shrimp eaters but I wonder how it would taste with chicken, Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I actually use this same crust mixture but for tilapia. We love shrimp so I can't wait to try this out ...that mango salsa looks amazing too! Thanks for sharing, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic, Amy! What a great combo...thanks for sharing a new recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Panko is just like breadcrumbs but so much better. It gives anything it's coated in a great crunchy texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this!!!!!!! I think I shall PIN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. my. This looks delicious! I love Red Lobster's Coconut shrimp... I'm going to have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby would be all over this like a dirty shirt.

    I, on the other hand, have a strange seafood aversion. Unless it's kalamari. Because I'm a walking hypocrite like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love coconut shrimp and like to fix it with a sweet + sour dipping sauce. I'll have to give it a try with the mango salsa...enjoy your weekend;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing!! I'm not a huge shrimp fan, but even I would eat it done like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum we really love shrimp. Not just in the BBQ :) this looks delicious Amy one I will be trying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks FAB! I am so pinning and making this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. MMmmmmmmmmm, I love recipes that I can just pop into the oven. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coconut shrimp is the only seafood I eat that is not battered and deep fried! I have never made it at home, but you've mad it easy for me to try it now! Thanks Amy!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...