Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ninja Finger Puppets


If you want to make your own set of Ninja finger puppets, gather the following supplies:  felt (black, white and color of your choice for the belt), scissors, needle and thread (optional:  glue).


Using this pattern...


Cut your ninja pieces out of felt.


To make the Ninja eyes, place the white felt face onto one section of the ninja body.  Insert your needle, threaded with black thread, through the back of a single section of the ninja body into the white face.  Do an angled straight stitch roughly where the eyes should be.  Under the angle stitch, do a few smaller stitches to act as the eye.


Ninja eyes...the better to see you with.

To attach the ninja belt you can either glue it down OR using a needle and red thread, sew the belt onto the ninja body, tucking the flap under the belt securing it with the stitches through the belt.


Layer the ninja bodies together and do a running stitch to secure the front and the back of the ninja body together, leaving the bottom unsewn.


Of course, one ninja is never enough, so make a few.



And, yes, I have mad ninja skills with felt :)

Link Party Websites


{T} *From Dream to Reality Link Party ** Thursday Linky Party at Osie Moats * Be Inspired by Elizabeth and Co.   * Tutorials and Tips on Home Stories A 2 Z   * I gotta try that   * Off The Hook Link Party  * The Winthrop Chronicles  * Open Call Tuesdays on Salt Tree * Adventures of a DIY MOM * Take a look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts * Blackberry Vine Tuesday To Do Party Coastal Charm * My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia  * Tip Junkie   

{W}*Riverton Housewives Round Up *In Bloom Link Party *Adorned from Above *Well Crafted Wednesdays *What I Whipped Up Wednesdays * Homemade by You Wednesday * Whimsy Wednesdays  * Blue Cricket Design  * The Fun In Functional * What I learned Wednesday *   Home Happy Home * Someday crafts 

{TH} Delightful OrderA Glimpse Inside  *  The Crafty Blogstalker * Made In a Day A Little Knick Knack * House of Hepworth's  * 52 Mantels *
 

31 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are the coolest finger puppets ever! So much fun for little boys thanks for the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! These are so fun! What a cool idea...and you seriously you do have mad ninja felt skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! One more project to add to my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely endearing and humourous! Someone in your house likes ninjas? I could see this project being the base of other finger puppet fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! i need to make these for my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, my husband would die! I am so pinning these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, adding it to my amazing crafts for kids Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! My girls love to play Ninja's - they want Ninja outfits for themselves! I will have to show this to Becca - she could probably make some herself with her stash of felt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know some fourth grade boys that would go bananas for these! Hilarious! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! They look so... stealthy and quick... and possibly like they might either mug you or help you when you're in a dicey situation.

    Pinning it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute tute! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first picture made me laugh. I must think ninja's are funny.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so cute! Jacob always makes me be the pink Ninja when we play Ninjas. Finger puppet ninja's would be a little calmer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that's cute! Love it! I, too, had to laugh when I saw them, what is it about finger puppet ninjas that makes one laugh?? Keep up the fantastic work:) Di

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my lanta!!i HAVE to make these for cor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! So cute! My daughter is obsessed with puppets, especially finger puppets. We might have to make a few of these for ninja battle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm torn ... do I love the finger puppets more than the felt food ... can I love them equally, like I love my kids equally ....?

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so adorable!! My son and niece are going to love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact your niece just saw them and said "I am so going to want to make those ninja finger puppets" :o)

      Delete
    2. That is so sweet...thank you both for sharing your comments with me :)

      Delete
  19. These would be a big hit with kids!!! Thanks for showing how you made them. I've pinned this. I'd love you to add this to our Ongoing Toys Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  20. So simple - and so fun!

    Noreen
    http://craftyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable idea! ^.^

    Btw, I'm hopping by from Pin Me Party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh these are adorable! I love their little faces! In case you didn't see it earlier, I featured this on my blog today! I'm stopping by to pin it, and to let you know you can grab a Featured button if you don't already have one! http://practicallyfunctional.net/2013/05/9-creative-ideas-2/

    ReplyDelete
  23. CONGRATS!!
    You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer! YAY! Come on over and grab your featured button, you deserve it :) http://thediydreamer.com/from-dream-to-reality/diy-projects-features-68/

    See you this evening for the latest edition of From Dream To Reality #69!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so hilarious. I really need to make these for my kids for the last week of school. They would feel so ninja sporting those around their friends!!!
    What a TERRIFIC idea! LOVE YOU!!!!! :)


    hugs xx Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...