Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Me Time - Self Portraits

The self portrait theme for May is 'Me Time'.  'Me Time' meaning what you do simply for yourself.

While Wearing Heels


The obvious answer is blogging but if you read this blog, you must realize I spend some of my time writing posts (which generally happens when Grace goes to bed).

So, blogging aside, here is my 'me time'.

Everyday, I try to make time to run.  Though, if pressed, I do not consider myself a runner.  I generally run on the treadmill we have in our basement.  Once a week, though, while Grace is in tap class, I run on the track at the park district.  It was during one of these runs, someone said to me, I ran on my toes...apparently not a typically running stance.  I had never realized this before but I now can see that it is indeed true.


I had always been an avid reader, until Grace came along.  I still read but the kind of books I read changed from novels to board books.  This year, though, I found a renewed love for reading, thanks to Danavee from This Vintage Grove.  I've finished 7 books so far this year.


Seemingly insignificant, I try and make moments in my day for simple indulgences.  A recent indulgence I make time to sit and enjoy, noosa's strawberry rubarb flavored yoghurt.  In one word, delicious.


Although, like most meals, I often have these 2 faces peering at me...


hoping they can share a bite.


And, though most of my 'me time' is interrupted by this sweet soon to be five year old...


I'll happily make that sacrifice because I am quickly realizing how fast the time goes and how one day I'll miss these interruptions.


What do you consider your 'me time'?

The link party begins Friday May 31st, so you still have time to get in front of the camera and share your own 'me time'.

18 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures, Amy! :) I know how you feel about little faces peering in while eating. Usually Wynn ends up on my lap. I love going to my workout classes for me time. It's such a great place to relax and de-stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 'Me time" pictures. I just recently took up running but I'm definitely not a runner either. I hear running on your toes is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin. The problem with running on your toes...huge calves :)

      Delete
  3. What great pictures, Amy! My "me time" is few and far between, though I do manage to carve out a tiny bit of space for myself.

    Can't wait to see what everyone links up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... Dare I say that I'll try this? I've kind of been a dismal failure at participating so far. Fun to see what you like to do, though! I want to know what you've been reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i luv all the pix - i see a tattoo there - what is it? i luv tattoos - i have 8 with 3 redo so i've had 11 so far - more to come i'm sure. i've thot off and on about me time but i've yet to figure it out. i'm making myself do this one as i missed not doing the last one! i luv those interupptions too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos Amy - the one with the book is my fav! And you are so right about how quickly time goes by - I can't believe that little cutie of yours will be FIVE! Five sounds so non-baby. They really are true kids instead of babies at 5!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post and learning a little more about you! What cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you run! Me time is almost non existent but I have a few things :) I love getting a look into your real life. I love the pictures of the hands it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some times I wonder just how old kids have to be before "me" time isn't interrupted. But I agree, all too soon they, and I too, will both be old enough.

    And dogs grow old 7x's faster.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again - another beautiful post. I love reading everything you write, even if it's about sewing ;-). My favorite picture is the one of you and Grace. Interruptions like that are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the shout out!!!! :)

    Those two faces are the best........does Riley get people food???

    Ohhhhh running. Ever experienced itchy legs during a run!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful family! I love reading too,.. it's been a while, i usually only have time during vacation time. Thank you so much for your sweet encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love to see mom + child in the same photo! Hope I'll remember to take selfies this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a soon to be 5 year old and it's reminding me how fast time goes by. Me time is whenever I can get down in my sewing room and have a few moments of craft bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy what a timely post. I was just thinking that along with no blogging time, lately I have little me time! Guess I'd better fix that! Love your pics as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post! I love that you run on your toes! And I always have faces staring at me when I eat too. Ps.. Cant believe Grace will be 5! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely! and what a good reminder to take some me time. for me that certainly also is reading (luckily my exercise counts as work :-) ). love your pics!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...