Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Some Bunny Is 5

Can you guess what Grace's 5th birthday party theme was?


As we have in years past, instead of putting balloons on the front of the house to signal 'this is where the party is', I use my silhouette and some black vinyl to decorate our front porch stairs with a birthday message.


For Grace's 3rd birthday, an arts and crafts birthday, the stairs simply said, 'Happy Birthday Grace'.  Her guests posed, with fake mustaches, using the stairs as another prop for pictures.


Last year,  we celebrated Grace's 4th birthday with a circus themed birthday party.  And, though, 2 people inquired what 'up right step' meant, I think her 'Step Right Up' stairs fit right into the birthday theme.


For each of her parties, I have enjoyed incorporating the front of our stairs into the decorations.  Not only does it set the tone for her party but it has also made for a memorable photo each year.

No matter how different Grace's birthday have been, or how much she has changed over the years, I have to smile that the one thing that hasn't changed is Grace remains barefoot.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she looks so grown up in the newest picture. Love the idea of using the bunnies. :) She has such a sweet smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH! I love it. She is barefoot. Love her floral dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the steps to your home. And they do make the perfect spot for pictures. Now, she is precious in each year's pictures, but this newest one is just too cute. The smile, the bare feet (we are bare feet people) and the precious pigtails! Ready to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! I gives perspective as she grows as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin. This year's picture made me a little sad. She is growing up so fast :(

      Delete
  5. Just gorgeous, she is so cute! Save all the bunny decor for next Easter, can't wait to see how the party unfolded

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of using the steps! Such cute pics, looking forward to the party pics.

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to have this series of pictures to look back on. You know you need to do this every year until she's eighteen now, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun idea, and a great way to watch her change and grow up.
    But it is hard to look back at those photos. Time goes so quick.
    I was looking at my boys photos from a few years ago today...WOW! They grow up so quick.
    Enjoy your family! I think you are a special family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I love that she's barefoot too! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awe! I luv that there is a staple every year. and erin is so right it gives great comparison each year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! What sweet memories she will have for a lifetime as she looks back on all of her wonderful birthday stairs. You are such a wonderful mama and you are making me wish we had stairs. Maybe I'll have to do a sidewalk chalk message up our front path next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I want a front porch so that I can do that. Somehow a cement sidewalk leading up to the house doesn't have the same charm.

    Also, how cute is Gracie when she's sitting there as a five-year-old? You can see how cheeky and sweet she is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so clever...and NOTHING is cuter than kids bare feet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you do this every year - how fun will that be to see all 18 pics lined up at her 18th b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Using the stairs as a decorate element and also photo-taking place is awesome! You'll have a wonderful set of Grace at the stairs to cherish :).

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...