Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Embroidered Favor Bags

Fall parties are in the air and a party is not complete without goodies.  Why not set the tone for the festive goodies you plan on giving by putting them in a one of a kind favor bag.

Embroidery...it's not just fabric anymore.  These embroidered favor bags are made out of brown paper bags.


To make your own embroidered favor bags go grab some brown paper bags.  In pencil, draw out a design you like centered on the front of the paper bag.  Thread embroidery floss into a needle and knot the end.  Start embroidering with the needle inside of the bag. 

As I was embroidering the intricate spiderweb design, I grew weary...weary of all the detail and surprised at how time consuming it was.  So...


The second bag I embroidered had a more simple spiderweb design.  Inside of using small dashes to complete the intricate spiderweb, the simpler web took only 27 straight stitches and took less than 12 minutes.


The embroidered bags, though cute, were missing something...a spider. 

Folded the top of the paper bag over.  Punch 2 holes in the top of the bag.  String orange ribbon through the holes.  Tie the ribbon and then secure a spider ring to the bottom of one side of the ribbon.


Intricate spiderweb...


 or simple spiderweb...


these Halloween goodie bags definitely make a statement.


Brown paper packages tied up with ribbons and spiders.  That's how that song goes, right?

24 comments:

  1. I really like the intricate spider web...although more time consuming. Would have using a sewing machine worked? I would think maybe opening the bag on the sides, and then tape it (packing tape) on the inside when done...maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo cute! Halloween is so much fun when your kids are little. Sure miss those days. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy you are so amazing! They are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some mad embroidery skills. I avoid hand stitching at all costs because I suck at it. Super cute idea. Perfect for a special halloween packed lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin. This really wasn't hard. I love your idea for packing Halloween lunches inside.

      Delete
  5. The intricate one sure is lovely (if you only have to do one). The simpler one gets the point across just fine if you're doing more than one. The spider is a great touch! I wonder if you could use your sewing machine...prolly be too thin with thread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I love using brown paper bags and dressing them up. I know what you mean about going intricate... not very practical if you have to do quite a few bags. Whether intricate or simple, they both turned out super cute! The spider ring was the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maysem. Adding that spider ring was such a fun finishing touch that, though the intricate design was time consuming, feel as if the hard work paid off.

      Delete
  7. So much fun! I love the intricate one but that would be too much for more than one. Love the spider ring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too too clever, never would I thought to embroider paper bags

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, as all your projects always are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAY cute! This is a cute idea for any holiday! Too bad I don't trust my fourth graders with needles.........these would be precious gift bags for our Christmas or Mother's Day crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always wish that we had halloween in Turkey :( but I will keep this idea in my mind for other occasions. You are so creative! Thank you for your positive & lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a bit of a Halloween grinch until I had Grace...now I am enjoying it more.

      Delete
  12. What a great idea! simple and inexpensive but looks like a million bucks! I never would have thought of such a clever favor bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy those are so cute! Did you make them for Grace's class? The spider makes them even cuter! You crack me up with your cliche's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admire your dedication to crafting. I would have given up long before that first one was finished.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very fun. I remember stamping Halloween bags for the boys classroom party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla. Stamping would definitely be quicker!

      Delete
  16. Ugggggh!! you are so ambitious. I love the look of the more intricate one, but I can imagine sitting there doing it and thinking....what the hell am I doing? Love the simpler version. cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this. When I saw the post name, I thought the bags would be sewn, not brown paper! I actually like it better, I think. What a great idea, you got it goin' on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so sweet. Thank you for the wonderful comment and for the 3 coats!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...